Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Passport returned without Visa Stamp asked to come in for fingerprinting -221(g)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport returned without Visa Stamp asked to come in for fingerprinting -221(g)

Hi

I did dropbox on 6th March for my H1B renewal. At the time they took my passport ans said that I should have my visa within 3-4 business days. Right after my submission my case went to admin processing. Today, 10th March I got an email saying I can pick up my passport from VFS at Nehru Place. When I went to pick up my passport it did not have any visa stamp instead had a letter attached to it saying the following:

We are unable to process your visa application at this time, we require your presence at the Embassy. Your case has been suspended under the section 221(g) until the below indicated process (in my case fingerprinting) is completed.

Please bring this letter and your passport to the Embassy on any business day before 10 am within one calendar year from the date of this letter (10th April 2017).

I wanted to see if anyone else experienced the same thing? After how long of giving their fingerprints did they receive their visa?

I have already waited for more than 5 weeks now - I have a dog, I am paying rent and utilities etc everything back in New York. Any info would be appreciated.

hey any updates?
    I submitted my paperwork on 3rd april - until today - admin processing - no request for any further documentation

cancelled my return ticket...

Comment

Any updates?

Originally posted by doc1234 View Post
      hey any updates?
      I submitted my paperwork on 3rd april - until today - admin processing - no request for any further documentation

cancelled my return ticket...

Comment

Welcome to the graveyard

Had same experience. Did my Drop-box on 2nd May but passport returned in same week with a letter asking to appear for Personal Interview and Finger-printing. Went for Interview on 12th May and they asked regress questions, then gave me White slip to have me submit Client Letter and other documents. Did that as well on 22nd May and till now no status update expect Administrative Processing and Document Delivery Information.

Researched on google and found out from a friends and colleagues as well, this is happening with every single H1-B holder who left the US port and came to India for stamping or renewal. It appears that this is due to Donald Trump's remarks over H1-B Visa holders. People in US Embassy just hold the flag up to Administrative Processing so that they can do intense scrutiny.

This is really time taking process and would definitely frustrate the person who stuck into it. But no one can do anything except waiting patiently.

Good part is that, most people get successful through this process after certain waiting time.

I can share this now based on my experience and studying different cases on various forums plus cases with people within my circle.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X