Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A Individual - issued blue slip 221g for administrative processing

Dear All,

I have attended L1A (individual) visa stamping on 4/11 and it went fine with basic questions. At the end, VO asked me about the penalty (for carrying food items) that I paid in 2012 on my previous US entry. I told the details and he issued blue slip 221g but retained my passport. He marked only additional administrative processing and did not request for any additional documents.

I have attended 2 PAI (one in India, other in Canada) after the penalty that I paid on 2012. I have not been asked anything about this in those interviews and not sure why it has been asked this time. Will this have any impact on the visa stamping approval? Any idea how long it will take to know the final decision?

I feel positive since the VO retained the passport but getting nerves about the 221g approval timeline.. Anyone with same situation?

CEAC status changed to 'ISSUED' on 4/17/2017.. Hope that means, my visa got approved..

Comment

Finally got the passport with stamping..
      it took additional one week due to 221g-administrative processing..

Comment

Good.

All the best..

Originally posted by crnathan View Post
        Finally got the passport with stamping..
        it took additional one week due to 221g-administrative processing..

Comment

Hi

All the best. IS this PAI for extension?

Dear All,

I have attended L1A (individual) visa stamping on 4/11 and it went fine with basic questions. At the end, VO asked me about the penalty (for carrying food items) that I paid in 2012 on my previous US entry. I told the details and he issued blue slip 221g but retained my passport. He marked only additional administrative processing and did not request for any additional documents.

I have attended 2 PAI (one in India, other in Canada) after the penalty that I paid on 2012. I have not been asked anything about this in those interviews and not sure why it has been asked this time. Will this have any impact on the visa stamping approval? Any idea how long it will take to know the final decision?

I feel positive since the VO retained the passport but getting nerves about the 221g approval timeline.. Anyone with same situation?

Comment

Originally posted by Wit4us View Post
            All the best. IS this PAI for extension?
            Thanks.. It is Fresh L1A, after staying 2 years outside of USA.
            Last edited by crnathan; 04-27-2017, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wit4us View Post
              All the best..
              Thank you..

Comment

Ok

Fine.

Thanks.. It is Fresh L1A, after staying 2 years outside of USA.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X