Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we travel to India without renuciation with in the first 3 months or not...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we travel to India without renuciation with in the first 3 months or not...

Hello,

I became citizen last week and i am waiting for my Passport. Can i travel to India without renuciation with in the first 3 months. I am planning to take E-VISA online which is valid for 60 days. I am planning to go to India next month for 3 weeks. I am planning to apply for Renuciation and OCI after i am back from India...

Can we travel to india without Renuciation or not. We have 3 months time for the renuciation to apply after we became citizen....

Thanks
    Raju

Evisa is valid only for 30 days (not 60)

Comment

Originally posted by joy8385 View Post
      Evisa is valid only for 30 days (not 60)
      Rules changed from April 1st...it is 60 days now...

The validity of e-Visa will be 60 days from the date of arrival in India.Double entry is permitted on e-Tourist Visa and e-Business Visa. Triple entry will be permitted on e-Medical Visa.

Comment

Originally posted by rajua99 View Post
        Rules changed from April 1st...it is 60 days now...

The validity of e-Visa will be 60 days from the date of arrival in India.Double entry is permitted on e-Tourist Visa and e-Business Visa. Triple entry will be permitted on e-Medical Visa.
        Did not see the new duration even on the date I posted it. It is showing as 60 now. Yaay!!!!

Comment

What is the fee that we have to pay for the e-visa?

Comment

Originally posted by joy8385 View Post
            What is the fee that we have to pay for the e-visa?
            $60

Comment

Hello,

I became citizen last week and i am waiting for my Passport. Can i travel to India without renuciation with in the first 3 months. I am planning to take E-VISA online which is valid for 60 days. I am planning to go to India next month for 3 weeks. I am planning to apply for Renuciation and OCI after i am back from India...

Can we travel to india without Renuciation or not. We have 3 months time for the renuciation to apply after we became citizen....

Thanks
              Raju
              I am also curious to know if one can travel with US passport to India without renunciation within the first 3 months, did you find the answer?

Comment

Originally posted by phillyphilly View Post
                I am also curious to know if one can travel with US passport to India without renunciation within the first 3 months, did you find the answer?
                Yes you can travel on E-visa. I traveled on June 1st and came back to USA on 25th without any problem. All my friends traveled without any issues..I traveled for 3 weeks.

Comment

Yes you can travel on E-visa. I traveled on June 1st and came back to USA on 25th without any problem. All my friends traveled without any issues..I traveled for 3 weeks.
                  Many thanks rajua99 very helpful, I am assuming you didn't have any renunciation related documents during evisa application or entry.

Comment

Infant need to be present for OCI Submission?

Hello,
                    I am applying for OCI(Overseas Citizen of India) for my daughter born in USA. Should the infant be present during the document submission? I am planning to do a walk in.

Any one has any info?

Comment

Hi there,

I am in a similar situation. I just got my US passport and I have not taken care of the renunciation. Can you please let me know if you were able to go to India on an E-VISA and come back? What is the procedure? Thanks.

Hello,

Thanks
                      Raju

Comment

Is Renunciation needed for e-Visa?

So were you asked for renunciation info when you entered India?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X