Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

K-1 Visa for fiance under administrative processing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-1 Visa for fiance under administrative processing.

Hello everyone...
    I've applied for my fiancé K-1 visa June 2016...
    His case was approved in Oct 2016...
    He had his interview Dec 18, 2016 ... They gave him the Ok and said he was approved... however they told him to wait up to 4 month for a response...
    Since then.. Dec 20, 2016 until now his case has been under administrative processing... in 2 days it will be 4 months since his interview and we've heard nothing regarding his case...
    now I am just wondering does this usually happen with everyone? or just people from Iran?
    I would appreciate it if anyone can get to me regarding this...
    Do you guys think there a longer wait time?

Thank you,
    -Fee

Originally posted by fee_cheshami View Post
    Hello everyone...
    I've applied for my fiancé K-1 visa June 2016...
    His case was approved in Oct 2016...
    He had his interview Dec 18, 2016 ... They gave him the Ok and said he was approved... however they told him to wait up to 4 month for a response...
    Since then.. Dec 20, 2016 until now his case has been under administrative processing... in 2 days it will be 4 months since his interview and we've heard nothing regarding his case...
    now I am just wondering does this usually happen with everyone? or just people from Iran?
    I would appreciate it if anyone can get to me regarding this...
    Do you guys think there a longer wait time?

Thank you,
    -Fee
    Wow, that's shocking to say the least. Typically an approved applicant waits about 1 week for the passport and visa packet. Did they hold his passport or return it? that really is what counts.
    Interestingly enough, a k-1 visa is valid for 6 months. So, if he's approved then his visa validity is nearing end (that's assuming it's been printed).
    You should email the USEmbassy in Iran and communicate with them until they answer you.
    What you're experiencing is not typical...
    Good luck keep us updated
    --Good luck--
    Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X