Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Family based GC Visa Case - Adjustment of Status or Consular Processing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family based GC Visa Case - Adjustment of Status or Consular Processing?

Hi
    I filed I-130 petition for my spouse through Family based GC processing and at that time my spouse was (& still) in United States and we thought we will file for Adjustment of Status processing anticipating our priority date becomes current but it seems to be taking another 1 year hopefully if it goes at current processing rate. Unfortunately my spouse is going to leave the country in another 6 months because of visa maxout in the L1 Visa non-immigrant category and our priority date is not yet current per the Visa bulletins "Final Action Date" Chart. We got a letter from NVC earlier with a NVC Case number mentioning petition selected for F2A Category and visa number are not yet available (standard letter). If NVC treats our case as Adjustment of Status processing, my spouse will be out of United States and how this Visa case will be treated for further processing and this is where i have the confusion. How do i know whether the Case is selected for Adjustment of Status or Consular Processing? I got to know but wanted to confirm here in this forum that if NVC sends a correspondence with a NVC Case number, it indicates the case is selected for Consular processing. Is that true?

Hi! I'm in a similar situation. Can you please update on what you had done? Thank you!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X