Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-f1 2017

Hi all

I recently (April 3) applied to change my status from F2 to F1 and have received my acceptance letter. I have been accepted to study master program in business administration starting fall 2017. So if any of you have applied for the same please let me know and let us stay in touch...

See you all...

Help neeedded||||

Originally posted by kosis View Post
    hi all

i recently (april 3) applied to change my status from f2 to f1 and have received my acceptance letter. I have been accepted to study master program in business administration starting fall 2017. So if any of you have applied for the same please let me know and let us stay in touch...

See you all...

hai,
    i am a dependent on f2 i got my phd admit and i have my i-20 (may 21) my college start by august 21 itself if i change my status with in usa how many days it may take time ?
    Can i go to canada and go for f1 stamping ?
    If my canada visa is not approved can i come back to usa on my husband dependent ?

Comment

It seems processing time is at least 3.5 months in States these recent years... Did you file COS in State or get stamped in Canada/Mexico? Thanks for updates

Originally posted by ANUSHA19889 View Post
      hai,
      i am a dependent on f2 i got my phd admit and i have my i-20 (may 21) my college start by august 21 itself if i change my status with in usa how many days it may take time ?
      Can i go to canada and go for f1 stamping ?
      If my canada visa is not approved can i come back to usa on my husband dependent ?

Comment

F-2 f-1 cos 2017

Hi KOSIS, did you receive any updates from USCIS? My receipt date is 5/16 and classes start at 8/28... I called USCIS for expediate service request last week but denied today...

Please stay in touch

Hi all

I recently (April 3) applied to change my status from F2 to F1 and have received my acceptance letter. I have been accepted to study master program in business administration starting fall 2017. So if any of you have applied for the same please let me know and let us stay in touch...

See you all...

Comment

Hi all

See you all...
          Hello,

I have also applied for a change of status from F2 to F1, but I haven't received the approval yet and I have less than a month until the start of the semester. How long did it take for your case to get approved? and which service center did process your case?

Thank you

Comment

Hi Sapphire,
            When did your receipt date on? My date is 5/16, no updates yet...

Originally posted by sapphire15 View Post
            Hello,

I have also applied for a change of status from F2 to F1, but I haven't received the approval yet and I have less than a month until the start of the semester. How long did it take for your case to get approved? and which service center did process your case?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by GretaMargaret View Post
              Hi KOSIS, did you receive any updates from USCIS? My receipt date is 5/16 and classes start at 8/28... I called USCIS for expediate service request last week but denied today...

Please stay in touch
              Hi, my wife's receipt data is 5/1. And her semester starts from 9/13/2017. Since august, we totally made three times expedite request but all got declined. It's in VCS center. Any one has other updates. I saw the processing timeline for VCS on USCIS website, it said now the processing data is Jan.9.2017. Cannot believe that....

Comment

Originally posted by ctb47321 View Post
                Hi, my wife's receipt data is 5/1. And her semester starts from 9/13/2017. Since august, we totally made three times expedite request but all got declined. It's in VCS center. Any one has other updates. I saw the processing timeline for VCS on USCIS website, it said now the processing data is Jan.9.2017. Cannot believe that....
                So did anyone who applied in April or May 2017 receive their visa change as yet?

Comment

Why is the processing taking over 4 months ?

Thats what I want to know cases that were received in June and prior have the received approval ?

Its been over 4 months of these cases and that would give us a rough estimate to plan ahead.

I have already deferred my admission from September '17 to Spring '18 and my assistantship is on hold.

Anybody with any information ? Do I need to defer my Spring '18 admission as well ?

Comment

I539 processing time

Hi all,
                    No one has heard from the cases of May? I have deferred from fall 2017 to spring 2018 and dont want to deffer any more. So worry and depressed

Comment

Originally posted by Mastoor View Post
                      Hi all,
                      No one has heard from the cases of May? I have deferred from fall 2017 to spring 2018 and dont want to deffer any more. So worry and depressed
                      I applied too, but no update yet. I am waiting like you for about more than 6 months now. Praying will get result soon.

Don't be depressed, things will be better.

Comment

Originally posted by justasking2017 View Post
                        I applied too, but no update yet. I am waiting like you for about more than 6 months now. Praying will get result soon.

Don't be depressed, things will be better.
                        Thank you for your kind answer, it is a bad feeling that we are going to miss the spring semester too. Have you contacted any organization? Have you done anything for expedite? Waiting and doing nothing is very frustrating.

Comment

Thank you for your kind answer, it is a bad feeling that we are going to miss the spring semester too. Have you contacted any organization? Have you done anything for expedite? Waiting and doing nothing is very frustrating.
                          I feel you, don't worry you are not alone. I didn't apply for an expedite. I heard that mostly expedites were not being approved for this type application but not sure if that is true. I followed up twice about the status of my application. For the first follow up I did, they informed me that my application is still in process and expect response within 45 days. But after 45 days, I did not receive any response so I followed up again. Until today I haven't received any response or update. I bet they are just really busy. All we can do wait and pray.

Let's hope and pray for a positive outcome.

When did you apply and which center? What COS did you apply - B2-F1? Did you also file extension?

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by justasking2017 View Post
                            I feel you, don't worry you are not alone. I didn't apply for an expedite. I heard that mostly expedites were not being approved for this type application but not sure if that is true. I followed up twice about the status of my application. For the first follow up I did, they informed me that my application is still in process and expect response within 45 days. But after 45 days, I did not receive any response so I followed up again. Until today I haven't received any response or update. I bet they are just really busy. All we can do wait and pray.

Let's hope and pray for a positive outcome.

When did you apply and which center? What COS did you apply - B2-F1? Did you also file extension?

Thank you.
                            Thank you my friend I am praying every day.
                            I have submitted my case for change of status from F-2 to F-1 to the Vermont center and the case was received on May 18th. I applied for expedite but it was rejected. And if you mean new I-20 form by extension, yes I have filed it after deferring to the spring semester. what about you?
                            what do you mean by follow up? have you contacted Ombudsman?
                            Thank you

Comment

Thank you my friend I am praying every day.
                              I have submitted my case for change of status from F-2 to F-1 to the Vermont center and the case was received on May 18th. I applied for expedite but it was rejected. And if you mean new I-20 form by extension, yes I have filed it after deferring to the spring semester. what about you?
                              what do you mean by follow up? have you contacted Ombudsman?
                              Thank you
                              I think you don't need to file extension, I think the extension is only applicable for B2 status applying COS to F1.
                              What I mean follow up is online inquiry. I did not contact Ombudsman, just following up online status query in USCIS tools.

I just received actually result today, my application is approved. Mine was processed by California Center. I hope and pray you get your result and be approved.

Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X