Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J1 and F1 simultaneously?

Hallöchen there!

I am a PhD student from Europe. Recently, got scholarships for research visit from two US universities that i am eager to visit in the following sequence without returning to home country: University 'X' - for up to two months and University 'Y' for around 10 months (1 year US stay in total).

University X is endorsing me for J1 Visa, while University Y requires F1.

Hence, my question:

Is it possible for me, while still in Europe, to apply for both Visas (J1 / F1) simultaneously and GET BOTH in one passport? In that scenario, i would visit US with already both Visas in my Passport, stay at University 'X' for two months with J1 and then move to University 'Y' with F1 without any further formalities and most importantly without returning to Europe.

Any thoughts? Is there any detail i might be overlooking in my ingenious plan?

Many thanks,
    US enthusiast

You might be able to get both visa foils in your passport, but when you seek admission to the United States you will be granted admission in only one visa status (in this case J-1). You would then file for a change of status (to F-1) while in the United States near the conclusion of your first stint. Make sure the International Students Offices for both schools understand what you are trying to do and are on board

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X