Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h1b status ...laid off

Hi All,

I got laid off on feb 17th from full time job, I have my I140 approved so as per new rule I can stay for 60 days and search for new job..I lost 5 full time jobs because of H1b, went thru 5 rounds of interviews for most of them and finally got a reply ..sorry no h1b's, company policy changed... As per my previous company attorney I can take severance paycheck as bench mark and count 60 days from that day (May 17)...not sure if thats correct...as per the attorney if any company files for H1b transfer before May 17, I shoould be fine....

Taking May 17th as bench mark

1. How long can I wait for an employer for H1b transfer even after May 17th instead of filing for H4 and go for consular processing after h1b approval and Can I work on receipt during that process because H1b approval will take long time in current scenario.

2. Incase I file h4 on May 16th and in between this I get an offer from an employer,
    Can the employer file for h1b ammendment even if the h4 is in process...and Can I start working on receipt of h1b ammendment filing or h1b has to be approved

3. Incase I go to out of country and get h4 stamped...Can I come back and look for jobs and put change of status once I get job...Will the consulate cancel my valid h1b on the passport...valid till nov 2018

Please suggest

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X