Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent! Please help! Re-entry to US with the 6 months on Business Visa

Hello

I recently traveled to US on B1 through my company for 5 weeks for trainings and business meets. The stamping on my passport is valid till August end.

My questions are:

1. Can I re-enter US for the same reason with the previous invite letter?

2. And Do I need an invite letter to re-enter if I travel within the stamping dates (my stamping is valid till Aug 3rd week.)

3. Also, will they stamp a new date on my passport from the date of re-entry to US for another 180 days? Or will the stamping date be same and remain as August last week as it is now?

4. Should I have a return ticket as well? If yes! which month should I book the return ticket to? 180 days from my date of re-entry? or Aug last week which is currently the date on my stamping?

Please let me know if you there is any info required from my end.

Thanks!

Your chances of being admitted to the United States on a B visa without a return ticket is almost zero. Also, as a practical matter, foreign flagged aviation carriers will not let you board a flight to the United States, because they will financially be on the hook of taking you home if you are denied admission. You should book your return ticket consistent with your actual travel plans. You were previously admitted for a 5 week stay. You could possibly be admitted with 180 day duration of status, even if you arrived at the port of entry one day before your consulate-issued B visa foil expires. However, you have to explain to the the border agent the purpose of your trip, and you may not be able to credibly describe a purpose that is consistent with such a long stay

Comment

Originally posted by sun_d View Post
      Hello

I recently traveled to US on B1 through my company for 5 weeks for trainings and business meets. The stamping on my passport is valid till August end.

My questions are:

1. Can I re-enter US for the same reason with the previous invite letter?

2. And Do I need an invite letter to re-enter if I travel within the stamping dates (my stamping is valid till Aug 3rd week.)

3. Also, will they stamp a new date on my passport from the date of re-entry to US for another 180 days? Or will the stamping date be same and remain as August last week as it is now?

4. Should I have a return ticket as well? If yes! which month should I book the return ticket to? 180 days from my date of re-entry? or Aug last week which is currently the date on my stamping?

Please let me know if you there is any info required from my end.

Thanks!
      If you were issued a 6 month visa, you can travel to the U.S. at anytime during that 6 months. The I-94 dates are issued per trip. When you returned to your home country the previous I-94 dates through Sept are no longer valid. When at the POE, you would state the reason for your visit for example, a business conference and the time you need to stay. If the invite letter implies multiple trips then you could present it. It is up to that POE officer how much time he/she will grant as your I-94 dates. It may be for the exact time you request, or up to 180 days the maximum # of days they can issue. A return ticket is not necessary.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Trinity71

Comment

Regarding applying for B1 when F2 is in process

Hi team,

I will be travelling to US on B1 probably in August. Dates are not confirmed and B1 process has not been initiated yet.

My husband just completed his masters and he is in F1 - OPT and working since 4months. His H1 B is in process. I dont know whether i have to apply for F2 or for B1. Anyway i want to stay with my husband for long time. Just checking if F2 gets rejected will that cause problem for B1 processing if at all i go for it.

Thanks in advance

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X