Can I apply for E2 visa while I'm in the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I apply for E2 visa while I'm in the US

I'm holding valid 10 years multiple B1/B2 visa , can I apply for E2 visa while I'm in the US to easy arrange and start my own business. Please advise.
    Thanks

Yes, you may apply for Change of Status to E-2 Treaty Investor while you are in the United States. However, the status will lapse when you depart from the United States, and you will then need to apply for your E-2 visa at the consulate abroad in order to return to the United States

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      Yes, you may apply for Change of Status to E-2 Treaty Investor while you are in the United States. However, the status will lapse when you depart from the United States, and you will then need to apply for your E-2 visa at the consulate abroad in order to return to the United States
      Thats correct, if you travel a fresh application will be required at a US consulate.

Its pretty straight forward as long as you know whats expected in the application and how it should be structured.
      Last edited by samlynn; 10-22-2019, 09:52 PM.

Comment

But E2 eligibility is also based on the passport you currently have. You need to hold a passport from one of the E2 treaty countries to be eligible for E2.
        The other alteruative would be EB5 - even though the investment amount is higher at $500K and including costs you are looking at about $530-$540K.
        But the minimum investment amount for EB5 is going up soon to $900K. So, there is a short window till November 21st to make the best of EB5.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X