Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No objection certificate (NOC) for J2 applicant

Dear All,

My wife is a J2 applicant and applying separately. I am already in the US for last few months.

My wife is an assistant teacher in a government sponsored high school in Kolkata, India. My query is that if it is necessary to collect a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from her office for J2 visa interview ? She already asked her office authority, but they told that they can provide the certificate if it is mentioned as a required document for J2 visa. According to my knowledge it is no where writtent that the certificate is necessary.

What should we do ? Any suggesstion will be helpful.

Another question is that should I collect a certificate from my supervisor in US mentioning that I am continuing my job here ?

Best,

It depends on situation, if she is coming here on a J-2 defendant for a short time and want to keep her job active there, that's when it may be required, otherwise if she is coming for longer times, which makes more sense, coz' she can even work here on EAD, then it doesn't require I guess. Coz' she will have to quit her job then and hence no NOC from the employer.

When I came on 2015 on J-2, I just resigned from my office. I didn't have to take any NOC from them. She can actually show her application details and flight tickets for resignation purpose, which I did.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by anirban80in View Post
      It depends on situation, if she is coming here on a J-2 defendant for a short time and want to keep her job active there, that's when it may be required, otherwise if she is coming for longer times, which makes more sense, coz' she can even work here on EAD, then it doesn't require I guess. Coz' she will have to quit her job then and hence no NOC from the employer.

When I came on 2015 on J-2, I just resigned from my office. I didn't have to take any NOC from them. She can actually show her application details and flight tickets for resignation purpose, which I did.

Hope this helps.
      Hi, Thanks for your reply and suggesstion. Is it possible that the consular officer will ask for the NOC ? Because, it is not written anythere that NOC is required as a supporting document. My wife's office is asking for any written instruction from the consulate that the NOC is necessary. Where can I get that ? Do you have any idea ?

Best

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X