Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help! our Visa ( J-1 and J2) is getting expired August 2017.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help! our Visa ( J-1 and J2) is getting expired August 2017.

Hello All,

We are currently in New York. I am on J-2 dependent and my wife is on J-1 visa. Although the DS-2019 is valid till 2020, and during our arrival on US , our I-94 valid unitl - D/S, but our visa stamp on the passport is getting expired August 2017.

So what is the process for getting the stamp extended till 2020? Do we have to pay the DS_160 Fee again? Is there any chance that it can go for221-G ( Administrative Processing again)? During our Visa process back in 2015, it once went through the process.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Anirban Nandy
    Last edited by anirban80in; 04-24-2017, 04:00 PM.

If you depart the United States and need to return after your visa foils have expired, you will need to obtain a new visa foil from the consulate abroad. Yes, you will have to pay MRV fee again. If you plan to remain in the United States for the duration of your J status, there is no need to renew your visa foil

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      If you depart the United States and need to return after your visa foils have expired, you will need to obtain a new visa foil from the consulate abroad. Yes, you will have to pay MRV fee again. If you plan to remain in the United States for the duration of your J status, there is no need to renew your visa foil
      Thank you very much for the response. I still have some query, do I have to submit a normal DS-160 form or there is a special DS-160 form for Visa Extension? And Will we have to gr through the administrative processing ( 221 G) again? Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Anirban Nandy

Comment

Visa is only for entering the US. As inadmissible mentioned, if you do not plan to travel outside the US, you need not renew your visa stamp, but can legally stay until the end of your J status. Nope, there is no special form. The usual DS160 form needs to be used. Administrative processing is consulate and visa officer dependent. No one can predict anything about it.
        Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X