L1B Visa Extension - Vermont Processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B Visa Extension - Vermont Processing

I'm a Canadian citizen living and working in the NYC for the last 3 years on L1B visa. My visa renewal came up and I traveled to Buffalo Peace Bridge to extend my L1B for another two years. The border guard questioned my specialization knowledge and forwarded my L1B visa renewal package to Vermont processing center for further review and included his comment to recommend they deny my L1B visa extension. I've been working with my company attorney and it has been three weeks and no receipt number from Vermont processing center. My company put together an extensive RFE package with long explanations on my specialization knowledge with work documentation as evidence. We will do premium processing once the receipt number is provided to the attorney but how long does it take for Vermont to inform the attorney of this receipt number? My I-94 will expire on June 4, 2017 and my attorney has proposed we apply to extend this date if Vermont is still processing my L1B extension application but can I do that without a receipt number?

What are the chances of RFE approval for an L1B extension for Canadian citizen during these uncertain times?

L1B Visa Extension - Vermont Processing

Update: It's been a month since my L1B visa extension application was forwarded to the Vermont processing center and my company attorney has called and emailed them for a receipt number but they could not provide it. My attorney has decided to move on with a new L1B application that they will mail directly to Vermont with premium processing and request to extend my I-94.

Does anyone have experience with this process and approval rate?

Comment

Originally posted by CL123456 View Post
      Update: It's been a month since my L1B visa extension application was forwarded to the Vermont processing center and my company attorney has called and emailed them for a receipt number but they could not provide it. My attorney has decided to move on with a new L1B application that they will mail directly to Vermont with premium processing and request to extend my I-94.

Does anyone have experience with this process and approval rate?
      Usually is easier and faster to prepare all paperwork and schedule the interview in the US Consulate in Canada. I know at least 9 people that recently renewed their L1B visas in Canada. Easy and smooth as the first process. Inside US, takes longer. You can easily drive to Canada from NYC and solve all in 1 week.

Comment

My company attorney just filed my L1B application with Vermont on Friday, May 12th with premium processing so I'll know the results in 15 calendar days. Does that include weekends? I'm hoping for a quick approval...

Comment

The attorney informed me yesterday that my L1B visa extension has been approved. That is 14 calendar days with premium processing and no RFE.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X