April 2017 Submission - I-130, I-485, I-765 concurrent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cbrasil View Post
    I did one check and I didn't have any problem.
    I would double check that to be sure. I know that in January it was one check for each filing. So it was one for i-130 and one for i-485. i-765 fee is waived when filing with i-485 (so there was no check needed for that).

We self filed and used the current information of the USCIS site

Use this form to apply for lawful permanent resident status if you are in the United States.

Use this form if you are a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident (LPR) and you need to establish your relationship to an eligible relative who wishes to come to or remain in the United States permanently and get a Permanent Resident Card (also called a Green Card).

There are sections with special instructions and fees on each

I just asked the self help agent Emma and got this repsonse

We recommend that you write a separate check or money order for each filing fee that you submit, even if you are submitting multiple forms at the same time. If you pay for multiple forms in a single payment and we find an error in one form, we will return all forms. Please include one payment for each form so we can process them separately, when possible.
    Last edited by S_R_E; 05-11-2017, 06:26 PM. Reason: Added info

Comment

To the next people filling their forms better to do this way then. Even I didn't have any problem with my check it's better to avoid mistakes.

Originally posted by S_R_E View Post
      I would double check that to be sure. I know that in January it was one check for each filing. So it was one for i-130 and one for i-485. i-765 fee is waived when filing with i-485 (so there was no check needed for that).

We self filed and used the current information of the USCIS site

Use this form to apply for lawful permanent resident status if you are in the United States.

Use this form if you are a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident (LPR) and you need to establish your relationship to an eligible relative who wishes to come to or remain in the United States permanently and get a Permanent Resident Card (also called a Green Card).

There are sections with special instructions and fees on each

I just asked the self help agent Emma and got this repsonse

We recommend that you write a separate check or money order for each filing fee that you submit, even if you are submitting multiple forms at the same time. If you pay for multiple forms in a single payment and we find an error in one form, we will return all forms. Please include one payment for each form so we can process them separately, when possible.

Comment

One check is fine too, but as "Emma" stated, if there is something wrong with one of the forms, all forms would be returned. So, better put in separate checks for each form, so that a mistake in one form does not hold all others at ransom.
        Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

I did the cover page by myself and I can share with you.

I did fill out the I-693 before going to the surgeon but when I arrived he did everything by himself. But you should bring your own information fill out in the form

Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative

Form I-130A, Supplemental Information for Spouse Beneficiary

Contents include:

Check
          • Check of $1760 (I-130 $535 + I-485 $1.140 + Biometric $85)

Forms
          • Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative
          • Form I-130a, Supplemental Information for Spouse Beneficiary

Copy of Documents
          • Copy of Petitioner’s U.S passport
          • Copy of Beneficiary’s Passport (Biographical page)
          • Copy of Beneficiary’s Passport (Visa and stamped passport page /I-20)
          • Copy of approval notice I129F Petition for fiancé
          • Copy of Marriage Certificate

Pictures
          • Two Passport Style Photographs of the Petitioner (Placed in a plastic bag, attached to a paper)
          • Two passport Style Photographs of the beneficiary (Placed in a plastic bag, labeled with name and alien #, attached to a paper)

Evidence Of Bona fide Marriage
          • Copy of check and bank statement showing joint account
          • Selection of pictures that document relationship and marriage
          • Apartment lease and roommate agreement
          • Joint Apartment insurance
          • Receipts from trips to meet each other
          • Phone Bill with phone numbers in the same plan and phone calls to each other
          • Receipt of gift sent in 2015

Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

Contents include:

Form
          • Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

Copy of Documents
          • Copy of passport page with non-immigrant visa, I-20 Form, and entry stamp
          • Copy of passport's biographical page
          • Copy of Marriage Certificate
          • Copy of Birth Certificate and translation in English

Pictures
          • Two passport Style Photographs of the beneficiary (Placed in a plastic bag, labeled with full name and alien #, attached to a paper)

• I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Completed by a Civil Surgeon sealed in an envelope)

• I-864 Affidavit Of Support, filed by the petitioner with evidence of not required to file Federal income tax return

• G-325a – Biographic Information

Form I-765 Employment Authorization

Contents include:

Form
          • Form I-765, Employment Authorization

Copy of Document

Pictures
          • Two passport Style Photographs of the beneficiary (Placed in a plastic bag, labeled with full name and alien #, attached to a paper)

FORM I-131 Travel Document

Contents include:

Form
          • Form I-131 Travel Document

Documents

Pictures

Hope it is helpful!

thank you for this. am i to use separate envelope for each forms or i should arrange it putting it one after the other?

Comment

Request for initial evidence for your Form I-485 (Affidavit of Support)

Hi guys!

I received a Request for initial evidence for your Form I-485.

My husband didn't need to submit a complete Federal income tax in the past years because he was a student. So they ask "If you were not required to file a Federal income tax return under U.S tax law, attach a written explanation of why you are not required to file. See " Filing Requirements" in the IRS Form 1040 Filing Instructions to determine whether you were required to file."

Someone in the same situation that can help me with this letter?

Any advices will be welcome!!

- - - Updated - - -

I did one cover for each form.

Originally posted by omoiyakaso View Post
            thank you for this. am i to use separate envelope for each forms or i should arrange it putting it one after the other?

Comment

UPDATE

TIMELINE:
              04/26/2017 - Mailed Form I-485, I-130 and I-765 via FedEx
              04/28/2017 - Package received
              05/05/2017 - Checks cashed
              05/07/2017 - Received text and email notification
              05/11/2017 - Official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) was in the mail

Comment

Originally posted by megonq View Post
                HI all just an update.

5/5 received notices on mail.

waiting for the biometrics letter.
                HI all !!!

just an update.

Timeline
                4/21 Send package with USPS ,
                4/24 tracking confirmation of delivery
                5/01 Email & text received, checks cashed
                5/5 received notices on mail
                5/11 Biometrics notice received
                5/26 appointment for biometrics

Comment

Timeline

Hi there, This is my timeline so far:

Mailed I-130/I-130A/I-485/I-765: Apr-10-2017 to Chicago Lock Box
                  Received at Chicago Lock Box: Apr-11-17
                  Cheques cashed: Apr-20-2017
                  Receipt Notices Received on Phone/Email : Apr-21-2017
                  Receipt Notices received in Mail: Apr-24-2017
                  Biometrics Notice Received in Mail: Apr-29-2017
                  Biometrics completed : May-12-2017

Comment

Aos

Hi Brazil,

Yes I went through the similar procedure, my husband was a student too and so we went for an Infopass and they told us to leave get the tax papers even if he didn't work and was a student so we went to H&R Block and paid $60 and got our papers for 1040 and also a written statement stating why I don't have a tax return. You can just mention stating that whoever the tax return was requested was a student and wasn't working and that is why you don't have a tax return it's simple . Don't take longer to reply to that. I did a huge mistake in waiting to reply for the AOS I replied to them after a month and now I am on 100 days and I am starting from the beginning which again starts from the day of submission of this AOS PAPERS . I filed in Feb but since I delayed and replied them by April my case is just the same as starting from April .
                    Hi guys!

I received a Request for initial evidence for your Form I-485.

My husband didn't need to submit a complete Federal income tax in the past years because he was a student. So they ask "If you were not required to file a Federal income tax return under U.S tax law, attach a written explanation of why you are not required to file. See " Filing Requirements" in the IRS Form 1040 Filing Instructions to determine whether you were required to file."

Someone in the same situation that can help me with this letter?

Any advices will be welcome!!

- - - Updated - - -

I did one cover for each form.

Comment

Thank you for the information. It was really helpful.

Originally posted by Ctal Lairenlakpam View Post
                      Hi Brazil,

Yes I went through the similar procedure, my husband was a student too and so we went for an Infopass and they told us to leave get the tax papers even if he didn't work and was a student so we went to H&R Block and paid $60 and got our papers for 1040 and also a written statement stating why I don't have a tax return. You can just mention stating that whoever the tax return was requested was a student and wasn't working and that is why you don't have a tax return it's simple . Don't take longer to reply to that. I did a huge mistake in waiting to reply for the AOS I replied to them after a month and now I am on 100 days and I am starting from the beginning which again starts from the day of submission of this AOS PAPERS . I filed in Feb but since I delayed and replied them by April my case is just the same as starting from April .

Comment

Originally posted by HashtagMangBert View Post
                        UPDATE

TIMELINE:
                        04/26/2017 - Mailed Form I-485, I-130 and I-765 via FedEx
                        04/28/2017 - Package received
                        05/05/2017 - Checks cashed
                        05/07/2017 - Received text and email notification
                        05/11/2017 - Official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) was in the mail
                        05/18/2017 - Received Request for Initial Evidence text and email notification

Comment

Originally posted by omoiyakaso View Post
                          I heard G-385 is not required anymore.
                          I am going to marry some one on b1/b2 who will open joint bank account and include name on bills later after marriage. So in that case we will only have pictures, witnessess, and marriage certificate as a evidence because banks may not open joint account for visitor and utility companies may not add her name without social security number.
                          Please help.

Comment

You don't have to have a social security number to open a banking account. I have banking account and I opened it before marry. You can call wells fargo (they do it for foreigns) and they can help you. I opened my banking account only with my passport number and couple of dollars. Also lot of companies accept include names in bills without social security number. You should call and ask

Originally posted by justin76 View Post
                            I heard G-385 is not required anymore.
                            I am going to marry some one on b1/b2 who will open joint bank account and include name on bills later after marriage. So in that case we will only have pictures, witnessess, and marriage certificate as a evidence because banks may not open joint account for visitor and utility companies may not add her name without social security number.
                            Please help.

Comment

You don't have to have a social security number to open a banking account. I have banking account and I opened it before marry. You can call wells fargo (they do it for foreigns) and they can help you. I opened my banking account only with my passport number and couple of dollars. Also lot of companies accept include names in bills without social security number. You should call and ask
                              It's depends on the bank policy, and the state I opened an account too without social security before marriage but when I n my husband went to another bank to open a joined account, they refused saying I didn't have social security or ITIN no

Comment

Thank you.
                                That sounds good.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X