Priority Date earlier than the application filing date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Priority Date earlier than the application filing date

In F2A category, my PD is March 15, 2016. In visa bulletin of May 2017, date of filing is April 8, 2016 , while final cut off date is July15, 2015.
    Can Someone please explain me what i should do as my PD is earlier than the application filing date in the chart.
    Am i eligible for submitting all documents to nvc so they could schedule an interview?

Are you doing Consular Processing or Adjustment of Status?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      I don't really know what that means but my mother filed form I-130. So i think my petition falls under the counslar processing category.

Comment

Originally posted by Harpreet Saini View Post
        In F2A category, my PD is March 15, 2016. In visa bulletin of May 2017, date of filing is April 8, 2016 , while final cut off date is July15, 2015.
        Can Someone please explain me what i should do as my PD is earlier than the application filing date in the chart.
        Am i eligible for submitting all documents to nvc so they could schedule an interview?

Sorry for interruption. I have the same situation and can someone help to explain? My priority date is Sep04 2004. (F4). The current bulletin for final action date is May08 2004 while filing date is Nov15 2004. What should I do now? Should I need to submit any document or call the nvc? Or I do nothing but to wait for few more months (estimate in Aug/Sep2017) to proceed? Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Harpreet Saini View Post
          I don't really know what that means but my mother filed form I-130. So i think my petition falls under the counslar processing category.
          If you are already in the US, you would be doing AOS, if not you would be doing the consular route. You should now be able to newacct's question.
          Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by scientist2016 View Post
            If you are already in the US, you would be doing AOS, if not you would be doing the consular route. You should now be able to newacct's question.
            Thank you for your help.
            I'm currently living in India, so that leads my case to consular processing route.

- - - Updated - - -

Consular processing.
            Thanks for help

Comment

F2A is spouse or unmarried under-21 child of a permanent resident. So your mother is a permanent resident and you are unmarried and under 21?

For consular processing, there isn't much you do at this point except wait for NVC to contact you.

Comment

F2A is spouse or unmarried under-21 child of a permanent resident. So your mother is a permanent resident and you are unmarried and under 21?

For consular processing, there isn't much you do at this point except wait for NVC to contact you.
                Yes my mother is permamnent resident and i was 19 when my petition was filed.

So that means i have to wait for one more year until the final cut off date exceeds my PD?

Is there any alternate solution or visa i can get as my whole family is in USA?

Comment

No notification from NVC YET!

I have the same situation. In F2A category, my PD is January 22, 2016. In visa bulletin of May 2017, date of filing is April 8, 2016 , while final cut off date is July15, 2015.
                  It has been one and a half month since our time to filing application date became current but we havent heard anything from NVC. How long does that take?? Please help

Comment

I think everyone is confusing the 2 charts provided on the monthly visa bulletin. The first chart / Chart A. titled as Final Action is the chart most people need to use to check if your PD is current. The second chart / Chart B. titled Dates for Filing is the chart to check when you will receive the "Welcome to NVC" letter and can start to submit the necessary civil documents.

If you are legally residing in the US (employment based visa, etc), only then can you use Chart B to file Adjustment of Status.

Comment

Originally posted by apatel92 View Post
                      If you are legally residing in the US (employment based visa, etc), only then can you use Chart B to file Adjustment of Status.
                      Only in some months. In other months it's Chart A. For AOS, there is only one chart that matters, posted here every month, that USCIS chooses and is out of your control.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X