Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting with the I-130

Hello everybody,
    I, an Albanian citizen studying in Germany, married a US citizen in April and we're just starting with the whole process for me to get an immigration Visa. Is anybody here who is doing the same thing?
    So he is filling out the I-130. Which other forms does he have to send? They say he has to pay the filing fee. The question is to whom? Is there any address or something like that ?
    How long do you thing it would take for me to be able to be there with him? Should I apply for a K3 Visa?

thank you so much in advance.

Kubes,

Please see my responses after each question:

Originally posted by kubes View Post
    Hello everybody,
    I, an Albanian citizen studying in Germany, married a US citizen in April and we're just starting with the whole process for me to get an immigration Visa. Is anybody here who is doing the same thing?

YES, MOST OF US HAVE DONE THE SAME THING. I DID IT WITH TWO FOREIGN SPOUSES.

So he is filling out the I-130. Which other forms does he have to send?

HE HAS TO SUBMIT BOTH I-130 AND I-130A, $535 SUBMITTAL FEE, AND GO TO https://www.uscis.gov/i-130-addresses FOR CORRECT SUBMITTAL ADDRESS (CHICAGO, OR PHOENIX, DEPENDING ON HIS STATE OF RESIDENCY).

They say he has to pay the filing fee. The question is to whom? Is there any address or something like that ?

HE SUBMITS THE $535 FILING FEE WITH THE PETITION PACKAGE, TO EITHER ADDRESS HE CAN FIND IN MY LAST RESPONSE ABOVE.

How long do you thing it would take for me to be able to be there with him? Should I apply for a K3 Visa?

ABOUT 11 MONTHS. THERE IS NO K3 VISA ANYMORE. IT'S STILL ON THE BOOKS, BUT USCIS DOESN'T SEEM TO BE PROCESSING THAT VISA CATEGORY NOW.

--Ray B

thank you so much in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      Kubes,

Please see my responses after each question:
      That's a long time. :/ So apparently its Chicago lockbox. Will I be able to visit him during the process? I have a B2 Visa.

thank you sooo much for answering so fast.

Comment

You will probably be allowed to enter the U.S. with your B2 visa so long as you do not give any indication of remaining in the U.S. Approval of entry is discretionary once you have an immigrat petition in process.

--Ray B

That's a long time. :/ So apparently its Chicago lockbox. Will I be able to visit him during the process? I have a B2 Visa.

thank you sooo much for answering so fast.

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
          You will probably be allowed to enter the U.S. with your B2 visa so long as you do not give any indication of remaining in the U.S. Approval of entry is discretionary once you have an immigrat petition in process.

--Ray B
          But I don't need to sign the I-130A right? And do we have to file the G-325A too ?
          Last edited by kubes; 05-09-2017, 05:27 PM.

Comment

But I don't need to sign the I-130A right? And do we have to file the G-325A too ?
            According to the instructions, if you are overseas, you don't need to sign I-130A.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

I-130a

I would like to know what if you send the form with the signature on I-130A? Is there a chance of getting rejected??

Comment

I 130 timeline

Here is our timeline so far:
                Package mailed via USPS : 06/06/2017
                Delivery at the Chicago lockbox: 06/07/2017
                Email and text notification:06/09/2017
                Mail notification: 06/15/2017

now waiting :/

So what are the next steps here? I know that he's going to be called in for the biometrics. How long does it take for him to get a notification for that and then get an appointment? How long should we wait till we start getting worried.
                thank you so much for helping

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X