No CEAC status update since interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No CEAC status update since interview

I applied for J1 Visa and was given Administrative Processing. I had my interview on 24 March. I submitted all the required information.

It has been 7 weeks and the Visa last update status at CEAC is still 24th March. I have no updates from consulate also. What if my application is not being processed at all?

Originally posted by letsc View Post
    I applied for J1 Visa and was given Administrative Processing. I had my interview on 24 March. I submitted all the required information.

It has been 7 weeks and the Visa last update status at CEAC is still 24th March. I have no updates from consulate also. What if my application is not being processed at all?
    Hi there, Which US embassy you have applied for your J visa? What is your starting date of program?

Comment

You can call if there is response after 60 days. They usually give concrete answer after 60 days.

- - - Updated - - -

If there is no response after 60 days, call the embassy.

Comment

Originally posted by evrim View Post
        Hi there, Which US embassy you have applied for your J visa? What is your starting date of program?
        I applied at U.S. Consulate General Kolkata. My program start date was May 1st.

Comment

I applied at U.S. Consulate General Kolkata. My program start date was May 1st.
          Thank you, please update me on your visa.

Comment

Thank you, please update me on your visa.
            Oh! Finally, I got a mail asking me to submit my Passport to the Visa application center for further processing.

Comment

Oh! Finally, I got a mail asking me to submit my Passport to the Visa application center for further processing.
              Good for you, that means during interview embassy didn't took your passport, correct? Thank you.

Comment

Good for you, that means during interview embassy didn't took your passport, correct? Thank you.
                Thanks.. yeah they didn't​ take it from me during interview.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X