Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Tourist Visa HELP!!!!!!

Hello,

We got married in December 2016 and planning to visit my uncle,aunt and their kids and of course as a part of our honeymoon to the US in the month of July 2017.He is a US citizen got married to American 13 years back and is ready to sponsor us the visa for our visit.

Questions.

1. I work for a bank and earn 25k per month. will this be a problem in financial terms?
    2 .My wife recently left her job. will this be a problem ?
    3. what should i tell VO if im asked why did my wife leave her job?
    4. I have my own property here in India will that anyway help us to show VO that we will comeback to india? IF no any suggestions please
    5. Suggest the key points to be in the covering letter(sponsor) to get visa approval a little easily.
    6.We're actually planning to stay for more than 3 months ,and visit my aunt's family who resides at New York and also cover a few recreational stuff there. If I say 3 months will that be a problem?
    7. The entire trip is sponsored by my uncle and aunt. Will this really help us to get visa?

Your job is letting you take 3 months of leave? Sweet

Comment

you should be your own sponsor

I had a friend who went to the embassy to apply for a visitor visa. He was told that to qualify for a tourist visa, he has to be able to sponsor himself. Think about that. American want people who will bring money from out of the country to spend it here.

Comment

Originally posted by jambreaker View Post
        I had a friend who went to the embassy to apply for a visitor visa. He was told that to qualify for a tourist visa, he has to be able to sponsor himself. Think about that. American want people who will bring money from out of the country to spend it here.
        Thank you for the reply.

I have a few questions:

1.Why is that a tourist visa has to be applied through an embassy?
        2.If a foreigner (in this case myself) is supported by his/her financial background ,why would a sponsor help?
        3.What kind of a stability is a VO expecting from a tourist?

Comment

Originally posted by ashtin View Post
          1.Why is that a tourist visa has to be applied through an embassy?
          Because the tourist visa you get at the mall won't get you through the port of entry

Comment

Originally posted by ashtin View Post
            Hello,

We got married in December 2016 and planning to visit my uncle,aunt and their kids and of course as a part of our honeymoon to the US in the month of July 2017.He is a US citizen got married to American 13 years back and is ready to sponsor us the visa for our visit.

Questions.

1. I work for a bank and earn 25k per month. will this be a problem in financial terms?
            2 .My wife recently left her job. will this be a problem ?
            3. what should i tell VO if im asked why did my wife leave her job?
            4. I have my own property here in India will that anyway help us to show VO that we will comeback to india? IF no any suggestions please
            5. Suggest the key points to be in the covering letter(sponsor) to get visa approval a little easily.
            6.We're actually planning to stay for more than 3 months ,and visit my aunt's family who resides at New York and also cover a few recreational stuff there. If I say 3 months will that be a problem?
            7. The entire trip is sponsored by my uncle and aunt. Will this really help us to get visa?
            It does not seem to me you are really coming to US for tourism so, maybe, immigration will have the same feeling. Having 3 months of vacation is a lot for most people with regular jobs and the fact you are visiting family here for that long does not show clearly your intentions to return to India. And...Honey moon is not usually right after your marriage? Why were you waiting for 6 months since you could plan both? All those questions raise a lot of ???? in your case.

Comment

Originally posted by sasvi View Post
              It does not seem to me you are really coming to US for tourism so, maybe, immigration will have the same feeling. Having 3 months of vacation is a lot for most people with regular jobs and the fact you are visiting family here for that long does not show clearly your intentions to return to India. And...Honey moon is not usually right after your marriage? Why were you waiting for 6 months since you could plan both? All those questions raise a lot of ???? in your case.

Oh !! Thank you for the reply .

It sounds like rocket science to me to just visit a country with no intentions.I believe the statement you made was true , so you mean that a trip should only be made for a couple of days?
              In this case , what would you suggest us to do. Intentions are already mentioned as a tourist so what on earth could make us work there? Would it be a compulsion that honey moon is gone only for once... ?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
              Because the tourist visa you get at the mall won't get you through the port of entry

Oh!! thanks...
              Didn't know that the country is developed in security but not in equality.

Comment

Unfortunately because of some people who abuse the visa system and overstay their visas, all others have to pay. Usually vacation lasts one month, or less, so for your first trip you should really plan as regular vacation and you need to be able to show strong ties to your home country. After coming and going several times, it will be easy for you to prove the reason for your trips and also that you have no intentions of overstaying. Your previous travel history it is also important. It will make your visa process easier and also the interview at POE.

Comment

which nationality? Indian ? if yes, ok here is it:
                  have you traveled before?Europe/UK/Australia: yes or no
                  your monthly salary is less. VO looks it as 400 USD per month, 4k used annual income, which is extremely low, in Indian conversion your monthly income is around 3lacs annually, expense for two people to usa for 15 days..1.5 lacs tickets, 20k for two visas, 1000usd bare min..so VO thinks you will spend your annual income on your one trip...
                  Secondly: 3 months ??????? who goes for a holiday for 3 months? it surely shows your intent is not clear, no ties and responsibilities in india, uncle aunty spending so much on both of you, ..why ? questionable ? not jusitfies. surely refusal in less then 30 seconds.
                  see you can say 15 days, the USA gives 10 year visa and when you reach there, the immigration officer again asks you few questions and gives you (I-94) permision of no of days you can stay in usa, from few days to max 6 months, no surety if you will surely get 3 months to stay...
                  your case looks difficult to me. you get one minute to max 2 min to speak.. i wonder how will you explain your case,
                  you have to extremely lucky, God & VO has to be in the extremely happy mood that day and some supernatural powers just blinds the vo brains and he says i approve your application...

Comment

Hello

Hello, I was very worried when i was applying for my B1 visa too. Back in 2015 i mistakenly overstayed my visa for 1 month when i was doing my clerkships for my degree in the US. I had thought my visa was valid for 10 years, i didn't know i was only allowed to stay 6 months at a time. When i left the US to see family i was told that i had overstayed and would need to reapply. I was very depressed. I applied 1 week later and I was APPROVED for a 1 year B1 visa. They asked very few questions. I was incredibly happy after this.

Since this time i have applied again for a B1/B2 and a J1 and both were approved, both interviews involved very few questions. I think they just want to make sure you have enough money when you are in the US and aren't conning them?

I am a NZ citizen and a Canadian PR. I told myself if my visa was approved i would post and here i am posting. I remember looking through this website a lot when i was applying and waiting and it helped a lot. I hope this will help someone else.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X