Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a petition be expired

Good afternoon.

I need some advise from your wonderful experts.

My father was filed for by his mother, I was added to the application, but my dad migrated to the states in 2009, at the time I was bout 12 years old and i didnt not accompany him. Now I am 20 year old and I wondering if the case would still be active.

My grandmother passed away, She was us citizenwhen she petitioned for my dad,.

Please advise I dont want to age out and then lose my chance to join my dad.

thank you very much

There is no time limit for a derivative beneficiary to "follow-to-join" a principal beneficiary, as long as the principal beneficiary (your father) remains a permanent resident (i.e. has not become a US citizen) and a visa number remains available for his category and priority date (which it certainly will be).

Since the petitioner in this case (your grandmother) has died, a substitute sponsor will be needed to complete an I-864 Affidavit of Support for you.

Hurry because you need to be under 21 and unmarried to qualify as a derivative, so you need to go through the consular processing process and enter the US with the immigrant visa before you turn 21.
    Last edited by newacct; 05-10-2017, 04:24 PM.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X