Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

90 Days unemployment rule, EAD not received, OPT approved.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90 Days unemployment rule, EAD not received, OPT approved.

Hello everyone,

I live in San Jose, California, my OPT was approved on 03/03/2017 and on 03/08/2017 status on USCIS's website changed to "we mailed your new card to address you gave us" from "we ordered your new card". I was waiting for my EAD card for days and days and then, on 03/24/2017 status on USCIS's website for my receipt number changed to "On March 24, 2017, we approved your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization , receipt number: **** *** ". On 03/27/2017 I received the approval notice from USCIS by mail but there was no clue of EAD. I tried calling USCIS, but no luck and when my status changed on USCIS's website to card has been mailed, there was no tracking number either. So, on April 15th 2017, I placed a service request for duplicate EAD card as I did not receive the first one. On April 17th status on USCIS's website changed to "On April 17, 2017, your request to have your Employment Authorization Document resent to you, referral number SR **** **** **, was completed.". It's 12th May today and I still haven't received my EAD card, neither original nor duplicate. It seems like it might take more time before I receive my EAD card, so my question here is, since I just have the approval notice with me and not the actual EAD card in hand, I know I can't work, so I am unemployed until then, but there's this 90 days unemployment rule while on initial OPT, is this time period counting towards that time frame? Because if yes, then On 03rd June my 90 days of unemployment will complete, do I have to depart the US by 03rd June or this period doesn't count towards that 90days time frame because I haven't received my EAD card yet. I am absolutely stressed about this and no one seems to help, neither USCIS nor my school. Any help would really appreciated. Thanks!

Any advice regarding maintaining my status will be helpful.
    Last edited by bhaveshsharma; 05-12-2017, 08:04 PM.

Hi, I am in a similar scenario. Could you tell me if you received your EAD card before the 90 day time frame or did it exceed beyond? What did you do when it exceeded beyond 90 days?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X