Tourist visa and then asylum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourist visa and then asylum?

Long story short: I graduated an arts high school with an international baccalaureate as a singer. I`m not famous, Im barely making money locally. I`m also part gypsy from my father`s side. I`ve been persecuted on a couple of occasions but nothing too serious, so not a strong case here, sadly in Romania people dont treat gypsies as they did 20 years ago, although they still hate us.

I`m 21 y/o and have applied for the DV lott. 3 times by now, never won. My mother has applied for 15 years with no luck. I`m young and beautiful [bragging, I know its bad for your health] and I don`t want to waste my life in a third world country while I could have so many opportunities in the US, this is the truth, straight forward.

I thought about getting a tourist visa and start performing on the streets in exchange for donations and then apply for asylum. Will I get the right to work while I wait for my asylum legal process to finish? Is there any other way to come there legally besides with a work visa or a student visa?

I cannot come with a work visa, because obviously, I do not qualify for anything. [Romanian diplomas are also most of the time obsolete when it comes to US recognition anyway]
    I cannot come with a student visa, because 1. I`m not going to be allowed to work, 2. CRAZY expensive 3. I can only choose a specific major which can be either music or film. [EVEN MORE crazy expensive]

I chose the US because the UK no longer accepts Romanians, ESPECIALLY gypsies and I do not speak other languages besides English. Plus, I`ve always had a thing for the US culture.

Thanks and sorry for the long post.

tourist visa

You can apply for a tourist visa but the chances are slim that you would get it. Frankly, you will be denied because of the chances of you doing exactly what you are planning to do, come to the US as a tourist and then file asylum.
    This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by ravaell View Post
      Long story short: I graduated an arts high school with an international baccalaureate as a singer. I`m not famous, Im barely making money locally. I`m also part gypsy from my father`s side. I`ve been persecuted on a couple of occasions but nothing too serious, so not a strong case here, sadly in Romania people dont treat gypsies as they did 20 years ago, although they still hate us.

I`m 21 y/o and have applied for the DV lott. 3 times by now, never won. My mother has applied for 15 years with no luck. I`m young and beautiful [bragging, I know its bad for your health] and I don`t want to waste my life in a third world country while I could have so many opportunities in the US, this is the truth, straight forward.

I thought about getting a tourist visa and start performing on the streets in exchange for donations and then apply for asylum. Will I get the right to work while I wait for my asylum legal process to finish? Is there any other way to come there legally besides with a work visa or a student visa?

I cannot come with a work visa, because obviously, I do not qualify for anything. [Romanian diplomas are also most of the time obsolete when it comes to US recognition anyway]
      I cannot come with a student visa, because 1. I`m not going to be allowed to work, 2. CRAZY expensive 3. I can only choose a specific major which can be either music or film. [EVEN MORE crazy expensive]

I chose the US because the UK no longer accepts Romanians, ESPECIALLY gypsies and I do not speak other languages besides English. Plus, I`ve always had a thing for the US culture.

Thanks and sorry for the long post.
      I entered DV lotter since 2007, and only in 2015 i got selected.

Why not pursue something closer to home? Europe maybe? You might find someone (men/women) that could change your life and that might pave your way to do anything you want to do in your life (not necessarily have to be in the USA).

Comment

Try to learn German, it will make things a lot easier for you. Unfortunately, for folks who don't have a lot of money, excellent English and/or resources to study hard in USA and then have an employer file for them, have no chance of immigrating.
        Unless you could get adopted or married a us citizen, those are your only options.

Comment

Originally posted by TarCas View Post
          Try to learn German, it will make things a lot easier for you. Unfortunately, for folks who don't have a lot of money, excellent English and/or resources to study hard in USA and then have an employer file for them, have no chance of immigrating.
          Unless you could get adopted or married a us citizen, those are your only options.
          So asylum is a no-no, considering how a lot of STRONG cases are denied.

BUT, from what I understand it would be perfectly legal to perform on the streets for FREE, so no work here, and have a box of some sort that people could DONATE to my cause. That`s legal right? I wouldnt want to do anything illegal while I`m there on a tourist visa.

I could get the tourist visa quite easily I think, I have 2 houses here and a small business, so a lot of things to come back to and not abandon.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X