Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Left Green Card in US - Options? - Can I immigrate on Visa Waiver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left Green Card in US - Options? - Can I immigrate on Visa Waiver?

Unfortunately I packed the old Employment Authorization card instead of my Greencard when I left the US. Having someone mail me the card is not an option. Getting a transportation letter is possible but would take time (and I'd definitely miss my flight). My question is if I can just fill out ESTA and let the airline have me board through visa waiver. Then once in the us, pick up the green card, drive up to Canada (from Boston) and return using the greencard as immigration document.

Is this actually possible or a stupid idea? I don't know what immigration will say if i come on a tourist visa but they realize I am a permanent resident?

I don't like when people avoid following the rules just because the rules are inconvenient to them, but you have a pretty good plan with the ESTA VWP

When you arrive at the US port of entry, present yourself as a permanent resident, explain what happened, show them your EAD

I expect they will give you a really hard time about not getting a transportation letter. They may detain you in secondary inspection while they confirm your records and identity, and perhaps keep you waiting a little longer to teach you your lesson

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X