request for cancellation of Green card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• request for cancellation of Green card

A person working in the US has applied for the green card and is under process. If his father wants him back to his country (India), can he put up a request of Green card process cancellation or even the green card cancellation if issued?!
    If it is a yes, please let me know the process.

Thank you

YSC

What exactly do you mean "applied for the green card". What forms were filed?

Comment

Is this what you mean:
      Your son is working in the US and has applied for a Green Card and now you want to cancel his application for the Green Card or the Green Card itself once it is issued?
      Not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by ysc View Post
        A person working in the US has applied for the green card and is under process. If his father wants him back to his country (India), can he put up a request of Green card process cancellation or even the green card cancellation if issued?!
        If it is a yes, please let me know the process.

Thank you

YSC
        There is nothing that can be done from your side. If the GC was filed under the EB2/EB3 category (most likely for candidates working in the IT industry) the wait is currently ~10 yrs. for Indians. This would mean that unless the application was filed around 2007/2008 or so, it would not have been issued yet.

Legally, your son is an adult, so there is nothing that you can do regarding his status, especially since you were not even a sponsor. Besides that just as an outsider I don't think this approach was going to solve any problems in the first place; their root lies elsewhere.
        Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X