Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ******** India Travel Agent Scam

All,

I want to share a recent experience I had while booking tickets through a travel agent based out of india:

He offered 50% discount tickets on any ticket to India (e.g. $700 round trip on emirates ) with the catch that ticket would be offered only on the day before travel date and amount needs to be transferred to his India account in cash.

The whole concept is suspicious, but after many colleagues made use of his services, I too was persuaded. Well as you would have very much guessed by now, I too reached out to him to book tickets and he has conned me of more than $700.

My learning:
    • No matter how someone convinces you always make payments via credit card alone.
    • Ensure that you have id proof of person who you are transferring money to. Also, any additional proof so that you have leverage over him in case of unfortunate circumstances. Ask yourself, what options do you have if he runs away with your money.
    • Beware of frauds that are on ******** – who have no profile pictures

What I know about him
    - email: [email protected]
    - Name “Irfan **** **”
    - Phone: + 91 95510 54455
    - Address (as per remitly transfer): 132 Thirumalai nagar first main road Kolathur, Chennai, Tamil Nadu

Please be extremely careful of scammers like this.

Fraud Travel Agent Pls do not book

Originally posted by whatsappagent View Post
    All,

I want to share a recent experience I had while booking tickets through a travel agent based out of india:

He offered 50% discount tickets on any ticket to India (e.g. $700 round trip on emirates ) with the catch that ticket would be offered only on the day before travel date and amount needs to be transferred to his India account in cash.

The whole concept is suspicious, but after many colleagues made use of his services, I too was persuaded. Well as you would have very much guessed by now, I too reached out to him to book tickets and he has conned me of more than $700.

My learning:
    • No matter how someone convinces you always make payments via credit card alone.
    • Ensure that you have id proof of person who you are transferring money to. Also, any additional proof so that you have leverage over him in case of unfortunate circumstances. Ask yourself, what options do you have if he runs away with your money.
    • Beware of frauds that are on ******** – who have no profile pictures

What I know about him
    - email: [email protected]
    - Name “Irfan **** **”
    - Phone: + 91 95510 54455
    - Address (as per remitly transfer): 132 Thirumalai nagar first main road Kolathur, Chennai, Tamil Nadu

Please be extremely careful of scammers like this.

Yes i got cheated by $800

Comment

Travel Agent SCAM - FRAUD IRFAN

He said he has office in Vadapalani Chennai, he will lure us with good fares but may one give you the full round trip tickets

PLEASE DO NOT fall for this

Comment

Originally posted by nisun View Post
        He said he has office in Vadapalani Chennai, he will lure us with good fares but may one give you the full round trip tickets

PLEASE DO NOT fall for this
        You were not able to catch hold of him ?he still uses his number

Comment

yes

Originally posted by dixitworld View Post
          You were not able to catch hold of him ?he still uses his number
          Yes he is still using that number and cheating others. anyone found him ?

Comment

Originally posted by he123 View Post
            Yes he is still using that number and cheating others. anyone found him ?
            My friends got hold of him and got the money back.. cheating for money is the least of the problems. Mostly he books tickets with fraud credit cards. Airlines/Booking websites will list the passengers in fraud list and you cannot buy tickets from that site for those passengers never again. But you will never know this until you try to book ticket in that site. BTW, airlines take this seriously, it will impact VISAs and may even lead to deportation.

Comment

Originally posted by havoc View Post
              My friends got hold of him and got the money back.. cheating for money is the least of the problems. Mostly he books tickets with fraud credit cards. Airlines/Booking websites will list the passengers in fraud list and you cannot buy tickets from that site for those passengers never again. But you will never know this until you try to book ticket in that site. BTW, airlines take this seriously, it will impact VISAs and may even lead to deportation.
              Can you tell how your friend got the money back. By reaching the given office details in this forum. Please let me know.

Comment

Plz don't fall in this trap

He is just a fraud. Unfortunately myself and a few of my friends lost a huge amount.

PLZ ALWAYS BUY TICKETS FROM ONLINE WEBSITE - BETTER PAY MORE.
                Last edited by samlynn; 10-22-2019, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by havoc View Post
                  Please let me know how did your friend got money back ? who ever got cheated should form a group so that we can reach out to TN police and see if we can get our money back.

Comment

he cheated me of $2750.00 + Rs 50,000 in May 2018, his sister been telling he will give back the money once Irfan is back from jail, waited till now but no luck. Anyone has any idea Is he is jail? Or what?
                    How can I get back my money. please reply

Comment

I have always avoided travel agents in my whole life. You have no freedom while traveling this way. Its always better to have a group and travel yourself.
                      Last edited by samlynn; 10-22-2019, 02:41 PM.

Comment

I sympathize with your situation... Thanks for the warning.

Comment

You were not able to catch hold of him? But why?

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X