Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSPA Applicable?

Good Day,

I was sincerely hoping that someone can assist me in verifying if the CSPA will be applicable in this case. My aunt petitioned for my Mother in 2004. Recently we got the Visa Processing Invoice for my parents but not for my brother and I because we are both over 21. We were hoping that the CSPA age would atleast apply to him. These are the details below:
    NVC Case no: GEO2004 YYYY XX
    Category: F4
    Priority date: June 03, 2004
    Case is currently at NVC
    Petition approval :August 26, 2004 (Not too sure about this date, the date stated is when USCi website said the case was approved)
    My date of birth : January 1, 1991
    My Brother's date of birth : August 09, 1993

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Originally posted by asukhram View Post
    Good Day,

I was sincerely hoping that someone can assist me in verifying if the CSPA will be applicable in this case. My aunt petitioned for my Mother in 2004. Recently we got the Visa Processing Invoice for my parents but not for my brother and I because we are both over 21. We were hoping that the CSPA age would atleast apply to him. These are the details below:
    Case is currently at NVC
    Petition approval :August 26, 2004 (Not too sure about this date, the date stated is when USCi website said the case was approved)

Thank you in advance
    With the information you provided (assuming it's all correct), I am afraid neither of you are eligible.

As of today your CSPA age is 26 years 1 months 23 days and your brother's CSPA age is 23 years 6 monthd 15 days

Comment

Originally posted by asukhram View Post
      Good Day,

Case is currently at NVC

Thank you in advance
      Petition approval doesn't seem correct to me. I know they take more than just months to approve any petition. Our petition took six years to approve even we had all the documents submitted. Call NVC and find out what is your petition approval date and calculate our CSPA. I personally think you will be ok considering your file took few years to approve and F4 category move at decent pace next this year.

Comment

Originally posted by kpatel0307 View Post
        Petition approval doesn't seem correct to me. I know they take more than just months to approve any petition. Our petition took six years to approve even we had all the documents submitted. Call NVC and find out what is your petition approval date and calculate our CSPA. I personally think you will be ok considering your file took few years to approve and F4 category move at decent pace next this year.
        your approval date is incorrect

Comment

Originally posted by kotha View Post
          your approval date is incorrect
          Approval date might be correct. I have seen approval in short period of time.

It all depends on the center where petitioner filed the application (center is based on petitioner's residence) and how they process the application. As your case took around 6 years, I assume your case was in Nebraska service center (LIN).

Comment

Originally posted by Popat View Post
            Approval date might be correct. I have seen approval in short period of time.
            But for which category? For categories with long wait times like F4, USCIS usually slows down processing to let people take advantage of CSPA.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
              But for which category? For categories with long wait times like F4, USCIS usually slows down processing to let people take advantage of CSPA.
              I thought discussion was about the F4 only.

However, Just to clarify again, I told about F4 category only with approvals in couple of months

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X