Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a J-1 visa holder's boyfried filled a I-134 form to show funds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a J-1 visa holder's boyfried filled a I-134 form to show funds?

My visa is about to expire in 2 months. I am an international medical graduate and have been doing research for the last 2 years. All my documents say that I am not subject to the 2 year rule, however my sponsor recently told me that it appears that my country is in a Specials skills list and the fact that my documents say that the rule does not apply is a mistake. So in order to buy me and my boyfriend some time to apply for a waiver, I got a new job in a new hospital as researcher, which will allow me to keep my J-1 visa status for at least one more year. I am a non employee and will just be receiving an stipend. therefore I have to show funding. My parents recently retired, and they most likely can't fund me anymore . Therefore I was thinking that my boyfriend could fill an I-134 for me?

Also, could that 2 year rule actually apply to me? I came with personal funding, I got my degrees in a different country than my home country and all my documents say (passport, visa, DS form) that I am not subject to the 2 year rule. Thanks!

Best,

Karen

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X