Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record I-693. Need to redo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record I-693. Need to redo?

Good Morning,

My wife and I have our AOS interview scheduled for June 6. She's been doing some research on preparing for the interview, and discovered there's an updated version of the Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record I-693 for this year.

We had her initial report completed back in September 2016 right before we filed the AOS. She's worried that the interviewer will ask us for this new I-693 and that we will have to wait and then respond to a RFE.

Is our I-693 report from September still valid for this interview, or will we have to complete this procedure again? We don't really want to go back to our last USCIS doctor (horrible experience) or pay again for this.

Originally posted by Classical View Post
    Good Morning,

My wife and I have our AOS interview scheduled for June 6. She's been doing some research on preparing for the interview, and discovered there's an updated version of the Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record I-693 for this year.

We had her initial report completed back in September 2016 right before we filed the AOS. She's worried that the interviewer will ask us for this new I-693 and that we will have to wait and then respond to a RFE.

Is our I-693 report from September still valid for this interview, or will we have to complete this procedure again? We don't really want to go back to our last USCIS doctor (horrible experience) or pay again for this.
    I have my interview on June 7th and did my medical in November 2016 and submitted my case in January 2017 (PD 1/17/17) and I have heard about there being a change around August for the addition of an STD test (forget which one). I was never given a copy of my medical by the place I went to and am wondering too if my medical has all the correct info. I have not received any RFE's and am wondering if I call the USCIS # and ask to speak to someone regarding my case if I would be able to find out if I need to get an updated medical or if the one I provided does have all the tests needed. If I do need to do it again‚*I would far rather take an updated one to the interview so as not to cause any delays because of it

Comment

Yes the test for gonorrhea was added and it should have been completed within the last year, just go back to your medical place and ask them if that was completed,else go ahead and get that done.
      You do not need to repeat the whole medical if your interview is within a year of when you completed your last medical (Note last medical not when you submitted your application) You can just do the additional test and ask them to update the entire medical and give you a new sealed envelope, make sure to get a copy this time just incase they missed checking any boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by pal4life View Post
        Yes the test for gonorrhea was added and it should have been completed within the last year, just go back to your medical place and ask them if that was completed,else go ahead and get that done.
        You do not need to repeat the whole medical if your interview is within a year of when you completed your last medical (Note last medical not when you submitted your application) You can just do the additional test and ask them to update the entire medical and give you a new sealed envelope, make sure to get a copy this time just incase they missed checking any boxes.
        I ended up calling the Drs office that did my medical and they looked up the details and said they did do the test‚ but if I wanted they would fill out the medical again on the latest edition of the forms and give me a copy for myself at no charge. So I went ahead and got that from them

Comment

Originally posted by Classical View Post
          Good Morning,

Hi,

You may might want to check this from the immigration website:

"Effective Aug. 1, 2016, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued new Technical Instructions that require gonorrhea testing for most adjustment of status applicants 15 years of age and older who are required to have a full medical examination when they file Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
          If the applicant’s Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record, was completed before Aug. 1, 2016, they do not need to report results of such testing, and officers should not issue a Request for Evidence. A Form I-693 is considered completed on the date the civil surgeon signs the form’s certification statement. (See USCIS Policy Manual Volume 8--Admissibility, Part B. Health-Related Grounds of Inadmissibility, Chapter 4--Review of Medical Documentation, C.--Documentation Completed by Civil Surgeon, 3.--Signatures.)*"

You can check the complete report here : https://www.uscis.gov/tools/civil-su...lts-form-i-693

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X