Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Administrative processing - passport asked to be submitted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Administrative processing - passport asked to be submitted?

Hi, I am planning on going to America this summer for an internship at the Smithsonian museum. I applied for a B1/B2 visa at the end of March and the consulate denied my visa because they said a J1 visa was more appropriate. However, then when speaking to the Smithsonian Institute they stated I am not able to apply for a J1 visa because I am only an undergraduate student so told me to reapply for a B1/B2 visa. I did this and the consulate nearly denied it but when I showed evidence of not being able to get a J1 she put my application under administrative processing (this was on 26th April). I received an email on 15th May to submit my visa for visa processing so I did on 16th May. My online application still says administrative processing and when I rang up the American non-immigant helpline they stated the same thing. What are the chances of my visa application being approved? Do you think that they have asked for my passport just to deny it?

This is the timeline:

28th March- Original B1/B2 visa denied at interview
    26th April- Visa interview (put under administrative processing)
    15th May- Email asking to submit passport for visa processing
    16th May- Submitted passport
    17th May- Delivery tracking showed passport delivered at embassy
    18th May- Online case date update changed
    19th May- Current date

Is there anyone with any advice or previous experience? Sorry about going into a lot of detail!

It is really hard to say. Please wait to hear from them and make sure to report it here for the benefit of others.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X