Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Online Recruiters? Unskilled Work. Where? Reputable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Recruiters? Unskilled Work. Where? Reputable?

Does anyone know where you can find American online recruiters looking for workers in Europe or internationally?
    Specifically those who recruit unskilled labor / contract work or H2A / H2B visa workers?
    How reputable are they? And does it matter if they charge a fee?
    Thanks!

Charging employees fees sounds shady

The H-2 cap for the entire year was reached back in March

Anyone offering you an unskilled job this calendar year is outright lying

Comment

Thank you! Let me add some details...

inadmissible,

Thank you for your answer.

I am simply wondering about whom to contact next year for H2A / H2B or preferably hoping to find a placement / staffing agency within the U.S. that could offer an unskilled contract job. There are fewer options as the worker I'm helping has the American equivalent of an Associate's Degree of Science and not a Bachelor's-- that rules out H1B. So, we're looking for any sort of unskilled labor. The best shot would be for something Americans don't want to do. However, H2-A labor is quickly filled because people already in the U.S. just open the newspapers and fill the job listings. This person is still overseas. I read somewhere that recruiters cannot charge you or are not supposed to. I know there are placement companies for H2-A or H2-B which charge. I'm not sure about using those. I know there are recruiters but I have only found one whom can be personally contacted. I was just asking for help as I'm a newbie and I found out that by the time we contacted an H2-A recruiter this year, the season was pretty much over. I had missed the beginning of the season by months. I'm in the U.S. but I'm not quite sure who to get in touch with because the other person is not even here and sponsorship jobs are rare unless the candidate has a pretty solid degree or resume.

Thank you very much for your answer. If you have anything to add, please do. The technicalities are a bit overwhelming for me.

Sorry I wrote so much-- the details change the circumstances a bit. But, I am not a business person with any connections.

--germanbrite

Comment

Call the big strawberry and orange growers, try to talk to their HR departments

Find out if you can get your friend in on the 2018 list or find out the contractors they use to manage this labor acquisition

Comment

Thank You, But Still Wondering...

Inadmissible,

Thank you again.

I'm not quite sure how to go about it. This year we sent out applications to huge farms and e-mailed farms in a directory. It did no good. Do you suppose they'd actually want to talk to me and to consider even flying someone over when there are migrant workers here? I guess it can't hurt. It's been hard enough to find a recruiter, so I'm not sure about finding a contractor. But, I will try.

Thank you very much for the advice.

Half the battle is figuring out the right people to contact. We've spent time sending out applications for a few months last year to no avail.

Thanks again!
          -- germanbrite

Comment

I think like with finding a traditional job or in B2 sales, it isn't effective going through the front door. You might have to identify the key personnel with responsibility for this specific task (LinkedIn in great for that) and contact them directly

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X