Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You have more leverage with your wife's immigration requirements if you remain in the U.S. (usually).

I think it's more important to aggressively seek an explanation for your wife's visa delay at this end, probably with assistance of a Congressional office, than by what your wife is being told when telephoning the U.S. Embassy in her country.

--Ray B

Originally posted by babatunde View Post
    Thanks for the response. So in your opinion and sincere advice,what do you suggest my wife and i do? As waiting this long is becoming irrelevant. I have a masters degree and can't work here as there is no job.do you think going back to my country is a good idea? It's not that my country has abundance employment but I can find something doing to support my self,wife and our daughter instead of wasting away here.Thanks

****tunde

Comment

• I am In the country of Georgia.my wife has contacted a congressional office serving her district in Washington and it has being the same responses all the times the congress inquired about the case.The embasshas usually told the congress that until the Ap is completed nothing could be done to expedite the process,and that as soon as it is completed they will call me.

Comment

• Thanks for clarifying the "petitioner" and "beneficiary" involved. I misinterpreted roles from your last message.

Your one reference to your present location was somewhat confusing..."... can't work here as there is no job.do you think going back to my country is a good idea?... " Is your country Georgia, and are you presently in Georgia?

At any rate, if it has been 9 months since your interview, and your visa approval status has been on "Administrative Review" for that entire period, something is wrong. With Embassy processing in other countries with which I have contact, excessive delays (past 3 months) in a final visa decision are usually indicative of simple "inaction" by the Embassy, and sometimes result in denial with very vague reasons (lack of proof of bonified relationship, lack of sustainable income proof, etc.). That has been my conclusion with seeing lengthy Administrative Reviews at the Manila Embassy.

--Ray B

I am In the country of Georgia.my wife has contacted a congressional office serving her district in Washington and it has being the same responses all the times the congress inquired about the case.The embasshas usually told the congress that until the Ap is completed nothing could be done to expedite the process,and that as soon as it is completed they will call me.

Comment

• I am a Nigerian,my purpose in Georgia is to study and I have since completed my studies.It was in the course of this I married my wife.we have done everything correctly.we have asked a congressman to inquire about the case status,presently we have contacted a senator from Washington to also look into our case. If all of that fails to work I might return to my country Nigeria as waiting here in Georgia is irrelevant and a waste of time..can I request for a return of my vital documents from the embassy?

Going back to Nigeria and getting a job would help support my wife and daughter. Do you think its a good idea,or do you suggest we give it more tries? Thanks

****tunde

Comment

• In addition,I told you about the DNA testing the embassy suggested we do to hasten the visa process,its been up to 4weeks and a few days now since they have the result,and just today the Ceac site updated since one week past.

It was in the month of march the embassy mailed my wife to suggest a DNA testing for me and my daughter which they stated in the email it would hasten the visa process.But here we are stagnant,telling us afterwards that the DNA testing result is part of the Ap and until it is completed there's nothing neither we or them can do.And just yesterday the consular section told my wife they are waiting for approval or verification from other agency or agencies.

It's all so frustrating,right about now me and my wife are confused and lost. Thanks

****tunde

Comment

• ****tunde,

Getting these additional relevant pieces of information during this thread's life has been like " pulling reluctant teeth while you are in the dentist's chair."

Your information about country of origin and present country of residence opens up new possibilities of delaying reasons for your paperwork.

Was it very clearly stated in the petition your wife submitted that you are to be processed in Georgia and that you have legal status (valid visa) in Georgia?

I handled a fiancee petition for an Afghan national residing in Switzerland and experienced similar delays such as you describe. The petition was eventually denied (first time around) because the State Department was unable to verify the subject's identity from neighbors in Kabul (Afghanistan) more than 12 years after he left Afghanistan.

In your situation, it is probable that information about your background has been requested through U.S. Embassy or contracted agents in Nigeria, and this can take months of delay, with the processing Consulate finally "denying" your file because no reports about your Nigerian background have come back to Georgia.

I know that this sounds somewhat incredibly bureaucratic, but I've been through this with people I've processed. The bottom line is that someone, somewhere, has left your file hanging and collecting dust. You can either wait a few months longer, or formally request that processing be moved to Nigeria, IF VISA PROCESSING IS FAIRLY PREDICTABLE IN NIGERIA (I don't know, as the Nigerian nationals I have worked with were all in the U.S. already).

--Ray B

I am a Nigerian,my purpose in Georgia is to study and I have since completed my studies.It was in the course of this I married my wife.we have done everything correctly.we have asked a congressman to inquire about the case status,presently we have contacted a senator from Washington to also look into our case. If all of that fails to work I might return to my country Nigeria as waiting here in Georgia is irrelevant and a waste of time..can I request for a return of my vital documents from the embassy?

Going back to Nigeria and getting a job would help support my wife and daughter. Do you think its a good idea,or do you suggest we give it more tries? Thanks

****tunde

Comment

• I have a valid visa and we stated clearly that I will be processed in Georgia here.

So the the country of chargeability is Nigeria while I am bei.g processed in Georgia.

Do you think moving the processing to Nigeria would not bring about more delays? Nigeria is my country and I have a very clean record,I only left Nigeria for study purpose and I have only stayed here in Georgia for 23 months. During the time I was preparing for the interview last year(Aug 7) police certificates both of Nigeria and Georgia were requested for and I provided them with it to show I have no criminal record while leaving in Nigeria and during my stay in Georgia.

I do not know what else they want or are looking for.But I know for sure that what the embassy or the Dos or whoever is handling the case is doing is an act of segregation considering the part of the world I am from. They are trying to break me and my wife psychologically with this delays,but it is beyond them.

I'll try and wait atleast one more month and if nothing happens or works I'll request for the case moved to Nigeria or my documents be returned to me so I can use it for other meaningful and relevant things..I need to move on I don't want to be stuck here. Thanks for your comments and advices.

****tunde

Comment

• Changing the Embassy of processing can be a big hassle, but if the U.S. Embassy in Nigeria is reasonably efficient, you might be treated better there. I've gotten descriptions of bad processing for non-locals in mainland China (Guanzhou) whose paperwork and visa were deliberately screwed up by Chinese employees, who were notorious for bigotry against non-Chinese Asians. Local nationals working in Islamabad and Kabul also have reputations for mishandling visa paperwork.

In your case, it is possible that you're receiving "second class" treatment by locals working at the Embassy who aren't too friendly to foreigners being processed there.

I think it more likely, however, that your delay is being caused by sluggish attempts at background checks in Nigeria.

--Ray B

I have a valid visa and we stated clearly that I will be processed in Georgia here.

So the the country of chargeability is Nigeria while I am bei.g processed in Georgia.

Do you think moving the processing to Nigeria would not bring about more delays? Nigeria is my country and I have a very clean record,I only left Nigeria for study purpose and I have only stayed here in Georgia for 23 months. During the time I was preparing for the interview last year(Aug 7) police certificates both of Nigeria and Georgia were requested for and I provided them with it to show I have no criminal record while leaving in Nigeria and during my stay in Georgia.

I do not know what else they want or are looking for.But I know for sure that what the embassy or the Dos or whoever is handling the case is doing is an act of segregation considering the part of the world I am from. They are trying to break me and my wife psychologically with this delays,but it is beyond them.

I'll try and wait atleast one more month and if nothing happens or works I'll request for the case moved to Nigeria or my documents be returned to me so I can use it for other meaningful and relevant things..I need to move on I don't want to be stuck here. Thanks for your comments and advices.

****tunde

Comment

• Thank you for your comments and thoughts,it has really being a relief for me.

I will try and be a lil more patient and see what happens over the next one month.

****tunde

Comment

• interview k1

Hi my fiancé she just going to get her medical today then set up interview. How long until she will get her interview and able to exit k 1 visa to USA from philipines

Comment

• Interview scheduling at the Manila Embassy are delayed because of being booked solid over current processing months. It's probably safe to assume she can get an interview within 60 days, followed by a visa release in 3-10 days.

--Ray B

Originally posted by peterB View Post
                        Hi my fiancé she just going to get her medical today then set up interview. How long until she will get her interview and able to exit k 1 visa to USA from philipines

Comment

• k 1 fiancĂ© visa

Wow why so long. ? Even when our paper work expires in July ?

Comment

• I-129F petition expiration dates are automatically extended by the processing Embassy so long as beneficiary continues to work with the Embassy.

--Ray B

Originally posted by rayb View Post
                            Interview scheduling at the Manila Embassy are delayed because of being booked solid over current processing months. It's probably safe to assume she can get an interview within 60 days, followed by a visa release in 3-10 days.

--Ray B

Comment

• Ap

Hi Rayb,
                              After waiting on AP for almost a year,I got an email from the embassy to update my medical examination and send my passport along.I did as requested.

The embassy emailed me as soon as they received the updated medicals and my passport and also requested I complete a new online application form(DS-260) and I was also scheduled for a fingerprint appointment.

I completed the form as requested and went in for the fingerprint.After all that,I was told they needed to complete the review and I will be contacted Asap in a couple of days.

I am confused and have huge concerns as the development has raised the level of my frustrations.I have a few questions I'd like you to enlighten me on.

1. I have completed an application form ds-260 twice,fingerprint taken twice,why is that?

2. What in your experience do you think is happening with my case?

3. Do you think this development is a positive sign to see the case to completion or otherwise?

Thank you.

Comment

• **** tunde,

Your description of the new Embassy requests suggests that they are just "starting over" with your processing, since much of what was done before has become dated. It seems positive, since they have also asked for your passport, which is a prelude to a visa issuance and delivery to you.

--Ray B

Originally posted by **** tunde View Post
                                Hi Rayb,
                                After waiting on AP for almost a year,I got an email from the embassy to update my medical examination and send my passport along.I did as requested.

The embassy emailed me as soon as they received the updated medicals and my passport and also requested I complete a new online application form(DS-260) and I was also scheduled for a fingerprint appointment.

I completed the form as requested and went in for the fingerprint.After all that,I was told they needed to complete the review and I will be contacted Asap in a couple of days.

I am confused and have huge concerns as the development has raised the level of my frustrations.I have a few questions I'd like you to enlighten me on.

1. I have completed an application form ds-260 twice,fingerprint taken twice,why is that?

2. What in your experience do you think is happening with my case?

3. Do you think this development is a positive sign to see the case to completion or otherwise?

Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X