X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new requesys

Hi tau b,

Thanks for the response,but this is going about 2weeks now since they have my passport and the updated medicals,and I went in for fingerprint just yesterday 30th June. Yet I got told they would contact me in a couple of days when they are done with the review.

I am just curious and hoping this is not another delay tactics being played by the embassy.

Thank you.

**** tunde

Comment

• Hi ray b,

Thanks for the response,but this is going about 2weeks now since they have my passport and the updated medicals,and I went in for fingerprint just yesterday 30th June. Yet I got told they would contact me in a couple of days when they are done with the review.

I am just curious and hoping this is not another delay tactics being played by the embassy.

Thanks
      **** tunde.

Comment

• It has been my experience that estimated response times, i.e, "couple of days," are often deliberately positive "feel good" responses and cannot be relied upon as certain.

--Ray B

Originally posted by **** tunde View Post
        Hi ray b,

Thanks
        **** tunde.

Comment

• Support Requested : K-3 Visa to be applied or CR or IR visa to be applied for US

Dear Members

I am new to the forum and i have never browsed this forum till date. We got married on 16th July 2014 in Nepal. I am Nepali citizen and my wife is American National. We are processing the documents for K-3 Visa and also have had consulted the lawyer in United States. We earlier thought, the entire process will be of 3 - 4 months but after my wife visited lawyer, we got to know the entire process could take 1 - 2 years. Is that correct?

Which visa to be applied for K-3 /CR /IR for quick visa formalities? (we are so confused about this visa type and have no clear information)

I am nepali national by birth and i hold nepali citizenship card. But i reside in India (delhi) since long time and i work in Delhi itself. Will it be easy for us to obtain visa from consulate in India or consulate in Nepal? (i think india coz they might want me to be available frequently for formalities and if its from delhi, i am easily available) Any advise.

We both know that this visa can go wrong and we wont be granted visa. Although we have all the documents / tax copy / photos and other documents proving our relationship and a marriage certificate. But we are trying our best so that the Visa is granted. Can anyone help me with information of what all documents do embassy look for while granting visa?

I look forward for some information. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Rdahal,

Forget about the K3 visa...it isn't used or its paperwork forwarded by USCIS anymore.

A fiancee visa will take you 6-9 months. An immigrant spousal visa (CR-1) will take a couple months more.

If a fiancee or spousal visa processed started by a U.S. citizen takes 1 - 2 years, something has been done wrong along the way.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Rdahal View Post
            Dear Members

I am new to the forum and i have never browsed this forum till date. We got married on 16th July 2014 in Nepal. I am Nepali citizen and my wife is American National. We are processing the documents for K-3 Visa and also have had consulted the lawyer in United States. We earlier thought, the entire process will be of 3 - 4 months but after my wife visited lawyer, we got to know the entire process could take 1 - 2 years. Is that correct?

Which visa to be applied for K-3 /CR /IR for quick visa formalities? (we are so confused about this visa type and have no clear information)

I am nepali national by birth and i hold nepali citizenship card. But i reside in India (delhi) since long time and i work in Delhi itself. Will it be easy for us to obtain visa from consulate in India or consulate in Nepal? (i think india coz they might want me to be available frequently for formalities and if its from delhi, i am easily available) Any advise.

We both know that this visa can go wrong and we wont be granted visa. Although we have all the documents / tax copy / photos and other documents proving our relationship and a marriage certificate. But we are trying our best so that the Visa is granted. Can anyone help me with information of what all documents do embassy look for while granting visa?

I look forward for some information. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• what forms to be filed for CR1

Originally posted by rayb View Post
              Rdahal,

Forget about the K3 visa...it isn't used or its paperwork forwarded by USCIS anymore.

A fiancee visa will take you 6-9 months. An immigrant spousal visa (CR-1) will take a couple months more.

If a fiancee or spousal visa processed started by a U.S. citizen takes 1 - 2 years, something has been done wrong along the way.

--Ray B
              Thank you Ray. So for CR1 Visa what all documents has to be filed? What forms are to be filed? Can you name them?

Comment

• To apply for a CR-1 spousal immigrant visa, you need to submit form I-130, G-325A (for both), supporting documents, and the $420 fee.

--Ray B

Thank you Ray. So for CR1 Visa what all documents has to be filed? What forms are to be filed? Can you name them?

Comment

• Advise on writing Cover Letter for CR1

To apply for a CR-1 spousal immigrant visa, you need to submit form I-130, G-325A (for both), supporting documents, and the $420 fee.

--Ray B
                  Thank you Ray B for the information. We are at present working on getting all the supporting documents to prove our relationship. May be by this month end we will have every documents to make our case strong. Lets hope for the best.

I was wondering, is there any link for specific format for writing Cover letter ((Cover Letter. Should include a description of what your are petitioning for (I-130), a table of contents (list everything in the packet). If you need additional room to explain your case, attach a separate sheet (list the attachment on the cover sheet). Make sure to sign and date the cover sheet.))?

Looking forward to hear. Thanks

Comment

• There is no one way that a cover letter needs to be written. I've got a dozen or so I use for different procedures, but often as not I compose cover letters in an ad hoc fashion. The VisaJourne samples include a rather old-fashioned, but very basic, I-129F cover letter that you might use as a model, but it needs freshening up. Go to: http://www. ******** ***.com/content/examples

--Ray B

Thank you Ray B for the information. We are at present working on getting all the supporting documents to prove our relationship. May be by this month end we will have every documents to make our case strong. Lets hope for the best.

I was wondering, is there any link for specific format for writing Cover letter ((Cover Letter. Should include a description of what your are petitioning for (I-130), a table of contents (list everything in the packet). If you need additional room to explain your case, attach a separate sheet (list the attachment on the cover sheet). Make sure to sign and date the cover sheet.))?

Looking forward to hear. Thanks

Comment

• Cover Letter for I-130 HELP

There is no one way that a cover letter needs to be written. I've got a dozen or so I use for different procedures, but often as not I compose cover letters in an ad hoc fashion. The VisaJourne samples include a rather old-fashioned, but very basic, I-129F cover letter that you might use as a model, but it needs freshening up. Go to: http://www. ******** ***.com/content/examples

--Ray B
                      Thank you Ray B. That's a basic format but yet very helpful for first timer dealing with Visa. If any of the member over here has copy of the cover letter for I - 130, can you please share the same??

Comment

• Age difference - will that be problem ??

Good Morning !!

As we are in the process of CR1 Visa, we both (me and my wife) are studying and preparing all the required documents showing our marriage. We yet are in process of getting all these documents.

We both were thinking; As we give them all the informations like work, home, and phone bills with all the call details. Will they call the numbers from phone bill we have furnished to inquire about us... will they visit the address (work / home) to verify? What kind of inquiry or ground check we could expect from the authorities?

Also there is age difference between me and my wife. I am much younger then her. We both are not concerned about this coz we are madly in love. Will this be a reason for them to deny visa?

I look forward to hear your suggestion / advise. Thank you very much

Comment

• Personal checks of third parties or businesses to verify truthfulness of submitted evidence documents are only done when there are clear indications of fraud.

Generally, people get in trouble for something they say or for lack of standard evidence supporting applications for benefits.

USCIS resources are not available to conduct professonal skip-tracing (by phone or personal visits) or to send investigators out (two at a time, normally) to question neighbors and relatives, unless there are issues of serious felonies or immigration fraud.

What used to be quite common in Los Angeles were nighttime visits of ICE investigators to homes of Central American asylum claimants to verify the legitimacy of marriage relationships that had been used to apply for Green Cards. We had a family member who married an El Salvador refugee and they were in process of Adjusting his status when they experienced such a visit. It was about 2 AM in the morning, and as soon as the investigators were satisfied that the two had "probably" been in bed together, they moved on to the next suspicious refugee on their list.

--Ray B

Good Morning !!

As we are in the process of CR1 Visa, we both (me and my wife) are studying and preparing all the required documents showing our marriage. We yet are in process of getting all these documents.

We both were thinking; As we give them all the informations like work, home, and phone bills with all the call details. Will they call the numbers from phone bill we have furnished to inquire about us... will they visit the address (work / home) to verify? What kind of inquiry or ground check we could expect from the authorities?

Also there is age difference between me and my wife. I am much younger then her. We both are not concerned about this coz we are madly in love. Will this be a reason for them to deny visa?

I look forward to hear your suggestion / advise. Thank you very much

Comment

• Originally posted by rayb View Post
                            Personal checks of third parties or businesses to verify truthfulness of submitted evidence documents are only done when there are clear indications of fraud.

Generally, people get in trouble for something they say or for lack of standard evidence supporting applications for benefits.

USCIS resources are not available to conduct professonal skip-tracing (by phone or personal visits) or to send investigators out (two at a time, normally) to question neighbors and relatives, unless there are issues of serious felonies or immigration fraud.

What used to be quite common in Los Angeles were nighttime visits of ICE investigators to homes of Central American asylum claimants to verify the legitimacy of marriage relationships that had been used to apply for Green Cards. We had a family member who married an El Salvador refugee and they were in process of Adjusting his status when they experienced such a visit. It was about 2 AM in the morning, and as soon as the investigators were satisfied that the two had "probably" been in bed together, they moved on to the next suspicious refugee on their list.

--Ray B

hahahah Ray B Thanks . Just making sure we have everything in right order and we know everything before we send the packet. So i read that it will be helpful to have "Junk mails received under both of you at the same address /
                            Magazine subscriptions under both names" etc.

We have a serious problem. My folks were dead and since last 13 years i am living alone in India (although i am Nepali) and i dont have much friends. Therefore i cant furnish the "Notarized affidavits from parents, relatives etc. to show that they knew and participated in the marriage". But my wife is getting the affidavits from her parents and siblings. We also got married in Nepal and it was just the court paper and then we went to exchange vows with one friend only (coz we have planned to have grand celebration with all her family and friends in US when i arrive there). As we dont have affidavit, This thing is bothering both of us.

What we are getting ?
                            1. We have joint bank account in Nepal
                            2. We have joint bank account in US
                            3. I am being kept in her mortgage in US
                            4. I am being kept in beneficiary at her work
                            5. I am being kept in her deed for house.
                            6. I am being kept in her insurance.
                            7. we have phone call logs from our phone company
                            8. We have letters from family and friends
                            9. We have emails exchanged (2000 page approx). So we are sorting out which to send
                            10. We have boarding pass / tickets / invoices from our trips together
                            11. we have some (50 photos) together.
                            12. we have sent wedding announcement in local newspaper in US (trying to get a copy of it)
                            13. she has her visa copy for India and Nepal as her visit to me.
                            14. we also have copies of cards / letters sent to each other.

Can you please advise me what else do you think we need to solidify our case? Thank you very much

Comment

• It appears that your "proof of relationship" is pretty well covered. Don't worry about absence of affidavits from your friends or relatives, as you have other corroborating documents serving the same purpose.

-Ray B

hahahah Ray B Thanks . Just making sure we have everything in right order and we know everything before we send the packet. So i read that it will be helpful to have "Junk mails received under both of you at the same address /
                              Magazine subscriptions under both names" etc.

We have a serious problem. My folks were dead and since last 13 years i am living alone in India (although i am Nepali) and i dont have much friends. Therefore i cant furnish the "Notarized affidavits from parents, relatives etc. to show that they knew and participated in the marriage". But my wife is getting the affidavits from her parents and siblings. We also got married in Nepal and it was just the court paper and then we went to exchange vows with one friend only (coz we have planned to have grand celebration with all her family and friends in US when i arrive there). As we dont have affidavit, This thing is bothering both of us.

What we are getting ?
                              1. We have joint bank account in Nepal
                              2. We have joint bank account in US
                              3. I am being kept in her mortgage in US
                              4. I am being kept in beneficiary at her work
                              5. I am being kept in her deed for house.
                              6. I am being kept in her insurance.
                              7. we have phone call logs from our phone company
                              8. We have letters from family and friends
                              9. We have emails exchanged (2000 page approx). So we are sorting out which to send
                              10. We have boarding pass / tickets / invoices from our trips together
                              11. we have some (50 photos) together.
                              12. we have sent wedding announcement in local newspaper in US (trying to get a copy of it)
                              13. she has her visa copy for India and Nepal as her visit to me.
                              14. we also have copies of cards / letters sent to each other.

Can you please advise me what else do you think we need to solidify our case? Thank you very much

Comment

• Question related to G-325a Form

Guys,

As we are done collecting all the evidence and now we are ready for G-325a form. We have few questions :

1. Current Husband or wife : That means my wife name who is USC and is processing the I-130 from US for me. Am i correct?
                                2. Applicants Residence for last 5 years : I have been living in same address since past 6 years. My address does not fits in one row so can i write in two row.
                                3. Applicants last address outside US : Same problem, it does not fits in one row. what do i do for that ?
                                4. Applicant Employer for last 5 years : I have been working with the same company since past 8 years. And the problem is the address and name of employer doesn't fits in one row. What do i do for that ?
                                5. As my native language is other than Roman. We use Devnagiri script (nepali script) as our native language. I dont know how to type that in computer. Can i write my name in Devnnagiri script (nepali script) using black pen.
                                6. As i dont have alien registration number. So shall i leave it blank or write NONE.
                                7. i dont have file number too. So shall i write NONE or Leave it blank
                                8. For my parents info, they are asking city and country of residence. My parents are dead. So what shall i do in that case?

I am so sorry guys. So sorry for asking so many questions. This visa thing is draining the energy and making us emotional. Dealing with all the paper work and dealing with emotion is too hard for us. My wife misses me so badly and i wish i had wings to fly to her. Well as i dont have wings, All i can do is fill the documents without any error so the visa process doesnt get delayed.

I look forward to hear from you guys. Thank you very much in advance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X