• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rdahal,

Please see my responses in CAPS after each of your questions below:

Originally posted by Rdahal View Post
    Guys,

As we are done collecting all the evidence and now we are ready for G-325a form. We have few questions :

1. Current Husband or wife : That means my wife name who is USC and is processing the I-130 from US for me. Am i correct?

YES
    2. Applicants Residence for last 5 years : I have been living in same address since past 6 years. My address does not fits in one row so can i write in two row.

YES

3. Applicants last address outside US : Same problem, it does not fits in one row. what do i do for that ?

PUT 'SEE ABOVE'

4. Applicant Employer for last 5 years : I have been working with the same company since past 8 years. And the problem is the address and name of employer doesn't fits in one row. What do i do for that ?

DROP TO SECOND ROW FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON EMPLOYER

5. As my native language is other than Roman. We use Devnagiri script (nepali script) as our native language. I dont know how to type that in computer. Can i write my name in Devnnagiri script (nepali script) using black pen.

YES, HAND WRITE IN YOUR NATIVE SCRIPT

6. As i dont have alien registration number. So shall i leave it blank or write NONE.

INPUT 'NONE' OR LEAVE BLANK

7. i dont have file number too. So shall i write NONE or Leave it blank

INPUT 'NONE' OR LEAVE BLANK

8. For my parents info, they are asking city and country of residence. My parents are dead. So what shall i do in that case?

PUT 'DECEASED'

I am so sorry guys. So sorry for asking so many questions. This visa thing is draining the energy and making us emotional. Dealing with all the paper work and dealing with emotion is too hard for us. My wife misses me so badly and i wish i had wings to fly to her. Well as i dont have wings, All i can do is fill the documents without any error so the visa process doesnt get delayed.

I look forward to hear from you guys. Thank you very much in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by rayb View Post
      Rdahal,

Please see my responses in CAPS after each of your questions below:
      Thanks for you reply Ray B. Hopefully by coming weekend we will be able to send the i-130. I am sending by g-325a form to my wife this evening using fedex.

Comment

• I-130 !! Help

Thanks for you reply Ray B. Hopefully by coming weekend we will be able to send the i-130. I am sending by g-325a form to my wife this evening using fedex.
        As we are working on CR1 Visa and now we have trouble with i-130. Can anyone advise us ?

We want everything to be perfectly filed. Therefore, we decided to do the test form. So we filed the details in i-130 and saved in PDF format. The problem is it would not allow us to save the SSN of my USC wife. Is this problem because we are trying to save. Will the problem be sorted if we print.

In question 15 at I-130 they say Name and address of present employer ? Date this employment began? Whose employment ? Mine (beneficiary) or petitioners (wife) Also it does not allows us put date on employment.

not enough space for address and name of employer but it let me keep typing it in...

We need to give the last address we shared together and tell the length of time we were there (month and year) should i use your address for the summer?? This summer we spend few weeks together in my address in Delhi 'coz we went on traveling. Should we mention that?? As we spent only few weeks at my place; will that be problem?

In question 20 at I-130, they said to put my name and address in native alphabet (if my native alphabet is other than Roman). We both dont know how to type my native (devnagari / Nepali) font over computer. Can we simply ink pen the info?

We are so sorry to ask tons of question. We look forward to hear from you guys.

Thanks in Advance

Comment

• Rdahl,

Please see my responses after each question:

As we are working on CR1 Visa and now we have trouble with i-130. Can anyone advise us ?

We want everything to be perfectly filed. Therefore, we decided to do the test form. So we filed the details in i-130 and saved in PDF format. The problem is it would not allow us to save the SSN of my USC wife. Is this problem because we are trying to save. Will the problem be sorted if we print.

THIS MAKES NO SENSE. I SAVE PDF DOCUMENTS WITH SSN'S ALL THE TIME.

In question 15 at I-130 they say Name and address of present employer ? Date this employment began? Whose employment ? Mine (beneficiary) or petitioners (wife) Also it does not allows us put date on employment.

ON I-130, THE QUESTION RELATES TO THE BENEFICIARY, THE VISA APPLICANT'S EMPLOYMENT.

not enough space for address and name of employer but it let me keep typing it in...

TRUNCATE OR ABBREVIATE.

We need to give the last address we shared together and tell the length of time we were there (month and year) should i use your address for the summer?? This summer we spend few weeks together in my address in Delhi 'coz we went on traveling. Should we mention that?? As we spent only few weeks at my place; will that be problem?

THE LAST ADDRESS YOU SPENT TOGETHER MEANS EXACTLY THAT....AT WHAT ADDRESS DID YOU LAST SPEND TIME TOGETHER?

In question 20 at I-130, they said to put my name and address in native alphabet (if my native alphabet is other than Roman). We both dont know how to type my native (devnagari / Nepali) font over computer. Can we simply ink pen the info?

HAND-PRINT THE INFO IN YOUR NATIVE FONT.

We are so sorry to ask tons of question. We look forward to hear from you guys.

Thanks in Advance

Comment

• Questions as I start the K-1 process

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here, so please direct me to the proper place if I'm not where I should be.

My fiance and I began seeing each other about a year ago (though we met online years earlier) and we are recently engaged. He's a Mexican citizen and I'm a U.S. citizen, and we've grown tired of being apart and so plan to file for a fiance (K-1) visa. As we're still getting started with all the paperwork, I have a number of questions about preparing the I-129F that I hope you can help me with.

1. I'm currently a college student and live on campus, but I'm registered to vote at and my bank account uses my permanent home address (I still live my family), since my school address changes every year. Which address should I include on the I-129F? My permanent address is likely the address he'll stay live at initially as well.

2. For questions where there is no answer (2g, 2f for out-of-US mailing addresses, previous names and spouses, children, etc), do I write "none" or "n/a" (how can I be certain I've got the right one?) or should I leave them blank? For 3 (Alien Number of petitioner), since I'm a U.S. citizen by birth and don't have one, does it stay blank?

3. My fiance uses a name other than his birth name, but has not legally changed his name. We plan to file with his legal name, but all of our correspondences (which I suspect we'll need for evidence) use his preferred name. Is it sufficient to explain this discrepancy in the letter explaining how we met, etc., or do we need to do something more? Additionally, I know I'll sign/date this letter, but should my fiance also sign it or another page stating everything in this explanation is accurate?

4. Precisely what evidence supporting our relationship is needed at each stage of the process, especially when initially filing the I-129F? I know we need the intent to marry statements, and I need to show proof that we've met (copies of plane tickets, copies of photographs together, copies of passport pages), but is that all? And since I've visited twice, do I show this for both trips? Do I need to send transcripts of our correspondences to show continued communication or letters from friends/family/etc. verifying the nature and legitimacy of our relationship, or does that all come later?

5. All of our photos are digital. What's the proper way to prepare them for submission? I know for the passport-style photos, names should be written on the back lightly in pencil or felt pen, but for photos proving we've met, would a mailing label on the back with the date/location of picture be acceptable? (And how many would we want to send?) To me it seems typed information would be easier to read rather than handwritten information....

6. For the G-325A (Biographic information), the filing instructions (for the I-129F, top of page 6) say "Except for name and signature, you do not have to repeat the information given on your form I-129F." What exactly does this mean, or should we not worry and just fill in all the information on the G-325A anyways?

7. Since I'm still in school and not yet making the necessary amount of money to sponsor my fiance, my mother will serve as a joint sponsor when we file the I-485 and related forms to adjust his status. However, I can't tell if the I-134 Affidavit of Support, necessary for the consular interview, allows for a joint sponsor. In our situation, what should we do?

Please do forgive me for all my questions, especially if they have obvious answers or have been answered elsewhere. There's just so much to go over, and I've read so many things on this site and others, that I'd just feel much better asking a redundant question than not being certain I'm filling it out correctly.

Yours,

Darren

Comment

• filling i-130 !! Few Doubts

The more you know the more **** is your head. So As everyone is aware that me and my wife is processing CR1 for me. We had made all our documents ready .. Almost all of it. And we have been visiting lawyers to get their advise (even thou this forum is awesome and helps us, my wife wants to double check the same with lawyer)

Following things are ready and after lawyer checked the same and stated that our case is one sided. Hate that word.

1. Completed and signed form G-1145 (Petitioner and beneficiary )
              2. Completed and signed form I-130
              3. Money order for I-130 filing fee
              4. Completed and signed form G-325A and photograph (petitioner )
              5. Completed and signed form G-325A and photograph (beneficiary)
              6. Copy of petitionerʼs birth certificate
              7. Copy of marriage certificate
              8. Proof of a bona fide relationship
              a. A short summary of our relationship
              b. Joint bank account in Nepal
              c. Joint bank account in United States
              d. Joint title of condo in United States
              e. Beneficiary listed on petitioners PERA retirement
              f. Copy of Phone bill for beneficiary
              g. Copy of Phone bill for petitioner
              h. Photos of relationship and marriage
              i. Wedding announcement from local newspaper
              j. Emails between beneficiary and petitioner
              k. Affidavit of Marriage Relationship (Liz)
              l. Affidavit of Marriage Relationship (Chuck)
              m. Affidavit of Marriage Relationship (Lisa)
              n. Invoice from jewelry store
              o. Subscription in both beneficiary and petitioners names
              p. Joint bus ticket from trip in India showing our vacation together
              q. Joint plane tickets from trip to Nepal showing our vacation together

We are herewith working on "Joint Life Insurance policies worth $100,000.00" but to get that paper we need to wait 4 weeks and we are getting impatient to file the I-130. What do you folks advise ?

And as our bank account in Nepal doesnt have much money (Coz I am living in India and my wife lives in US and we dont need money in our account in Nepal). And the lawyer when saw our statement from bank in Nepal said that the finance mingling is one sided i.e. my wife is putting all the finance effort. Will that be a problem? Do you guys think we need to put some money in that account?? P.S : Sending money to Nepali bank account from India is a trouble so if that is necessary then i have to fly to Nepal to deposit the cash into that Nepali Bank Account we have ?

As my parents are deceased, lawyer said to mention the year in G-325a Form. Is that necessary to put the year ??

Any help will be of great support. Thanks

Comment

• doubts related to I-130 : Advise please

Wow.. I thought we had all the question resolved and are ready to file our I-130 for CR1. But there are still few question which popped up yesterday night. I am sorry folks for asking so many question. Thank you very much with all the helpful replies.

i have a question about the nepali marriage certificate. (our nepali marriage certificate has one copy in Nepali language and another one in english. That's how nepali marriage certificate are) since it is in a foreign language and english as well...do you think i need to get a translation expert to certify it says what it says or do you think the english copy will do?

so there are four questions that needed additional space for the answers. Do you think i need to put each question on a separate page or do you think if it all fits on one page that i can send just one page??

I look forward to hear from you guys. Thank you very much for all the support.

Comment

• Question

I am in the USA, girlfriend in Ukraine, who files for the K-1 and K-2 visas her or I?

Comment

• If the Nepali birth cert in English has proof of being issued by a government office, no additional translation authentication is needed. Civil documents in several languages are now quite common with several European countries, with similar negating of professional translation requirement.

--Ray B

Wow.. I thought we had all the question resolved and are ready to file our I-130 for CR1. But there are still few question which popped up yesterday night. I am sorry folks for asking so many question. Thank you very much with all the helpful replies.

i have a question about the nepali marriage certificate. (our nepali marriage certificate has one copy in Nepali language and another one in english. That's how nepali marriage certificate are) since it is in a foreign language and english as well...do you think i need to get a translation expert to certify it says what it says or do you think the english copy will do?

so there are four questions that needed additional space for the answers. Do you think i need to put each question on a separate page or do you think if it all fits on one page that i can send just one page??

I look forward to hear from you guys. Thank you very much for all the support.

Comment

• Question Regarding Children

My fiance is in the Philippines, we were wondering if her kids (both under 21) are required to enter with her if her visa is approved. Is she allowed to leave her kids with her family for now or are we required to file and bring them also upon her entry?

Comment

• Guest4321,

Your fiancee's children under 21 are eligible for K2 derivative visas for up to a year from when your fiancee gets her visa. They will need to have the visa fees paid and get medical exams.

My advice is to do everything possible to bring the children with their mom at the same time, as it becomes incredibly difficult and expensive to do it later. If any of the children are age 18 or older when you marry their mother, you will not be able to petition them after their K2 visa eligibility passes, but the mother can, but with a result long delay in their being eligible for visas.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Guest4321 View Post
                        My fiance is in the Philippines, we were wondering if her kids (both under 21) are required to enter with her if her visa is approved. Is she allowed to leave her kids with her family for now or are we required to file and bring them also upon her entry?

Comment

• k1

Hello. I just contacted uscis regarding my application approval being sent to nvc... But nvc hasn't received it yet. It's been almost 60 days since I received approval letter. They said indeed to call back and speak to an officer. Has anyone experienced this ?

Comment

• My Question is that How long does this take to process?

Comment

• brought a k-1 visa in the US

So I brought her here in the states as a K1visa. We got married within 90 days. But I have known her for three years. When she got here2year green card all of a sudden she change and left me after 2 weeks when she got her unconditional green card in the mail. So, I filed for a divorce and she sign it. My question is I want her to leave the states and what happens if the divorce is finalized would she be able to get married again to another US citizen and stay in the US? Please advice. I filed a withdrawal of petition stating that she came here for just the purpose of getting a green card.

Comment

• If your gal marries someone else, she will not be able to ger the 10-year Green Card based on that marriage without returning to her country.

Withdrawing your petition serves no purpose, as she already got the visa and arrived in the U.S. At this point, you have no control over her at all. Your petition was approved and her Adjustment of Status was approved.

But if you execute a deposition at a USCIS office, detailing all that has happened and asking to withdraw your sponsorship (which probably won't be allowed), it will be considered when she applies for her 10-year card.

-Ray B

Originally posted by virnareggie View Post
                                So I brought her here in the states as a K1visa. We got married within 90 days. But I have known her for three years. When she got here2year green card all of a sudden she change and left me after 2 weeks when she got her unconditional green card in the mail. So, I filed for a divorce and she sign it. My question is I want her to leave the states and what happens if the divorce is finalized would she be able to get married again to another US citizen and stay in the US? Please advice. I filed a withdrawal of petition stating that she came here for just the purpose of getting a green card.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X