Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You mean she has to leave the U.S. When her two year conditional green card is up. Cause she has to show that we were together and she needs to show proof of same address, bank accounts together and my affidavit of support and taxes for this year? Give me the bottom line will she be able to stay here?

Comment

• Reggie,

There are two different scenarios going on here:

1. When your gal applies for her 10-year card, either when she has proof of the completed divorce or shortly before her 2-year card expires, she will have to provide evidence that the divorce occurred despite her efforts to keep the marriage intact, and provide evidence of living with you and comingling financial affairs.

2. If your gal remarries after the divorce, her new marriage cannot be used as a basis for a new Adjustment of Status procedure or for applying to "remove conditions" to apply for her 10-year card. In fact, a new marriage before she has her 10-year card will be looked upon unfavorably by USCIS, UNLESS SHE RETURNS TO HER COUNTRY AND IS REPETITIONED AS A SPOUSE BY THE NEW HUSBAND.

--Ray B

Originally posted by virnareggie View Post
      You mean she has to leave the U.S. When her two year conditional green card is up. Cause she has to show that we were together and she needs to show proof of same address, bank accounts together and my affidavit of support and taxes for this year? Give me the bottom line will she be able to stay here?

Comment

• She's the one that left me. All I got was a txt from her and took all her clothes once I came back from work. She said she tried to love me but couldn't. She had this all planned out. Good thing I kept her txt messages. I was stupid and didn't see it coming...

Comment

• I understand what you are saying, and you have to move on with your life. There is really nothing you can do to hasten her departure from the U.S. She will have a battle ahead to obtain a 10-year Green Card, which she doesn't have to start applying for until she 2-year card is close to expiration (or after, but that makes it even more difficult).

My advise, since you have a divorce, is to put her behind you focus on your own personal happiness, rather than hurting her.

--Ray B

Originally posted by virnareggie View Post
          She's the one that left me. All I got was a txt from her and took all her clothes once I came back from work. She said she tried to love me but couldn't. She had this all planned out. Good thing I kept her txt messages. I was stupid and didn't see it coming...

Comment

• Thanks, actually I don't communicate with her. She calls me and txt me which irritates me, cause she is playing with my emotions. So I change my number and that's that. I'm over it, I just want her you know what to leave me alone.. Thanks, for the advice..

Comment

• new to group

Hello. We have currently in Oct 2014 approved by uscis.... Our petition was supposedly sent to nvc. It's been almost 100 days and we haven't heard from
              Nvc. So I've been calling everyday and leaving messages at nvc email. I asked uscis west happened and they just don't know. Also. I called nvc and they don't have it either. Do you think today things will turn around , or how long will it take to finish our process?? Everything else has been sent and we actually are using visa now in Chicago to finish everything can u give me timeframe for nvc to send petition to malaysia? Thank you

Comment

• Need help

I need some guidance on what route is the best to bring my spouse from colombia? Put in the I-130 and if it get accepted follow up with the I-129F to make the process a little faster? This is what I was told by a local lawyer. So please give me some feed back I currently have my I-130 petition ready to go, just want to be sure for some tips.

Comment

• Your lawyer isn't current with his info. The followup I-129F for a K3 is no longer a viable option, as USCIS usually favors the I-130 even after the second petition is approved. It doesn't hurt to submit the I-129F as a followup to the i-130, and there is no fee (except maybe to your lawyer), but it's a waste of time.

Other than submitting and follow the I-130 through the USCIS, the NVC, then the Embassy processing, there isn't anything more you can do.

--Ray B

Originally posted by jd1407 View Post
                  I need some guidance on what route is the best to bring my spouse from colombia? Put in the I-130 and if it get accepted follow up with the I-129F to make the process a little faster? This is what I was told by a local lawyer. So please give me some feed back I currently have my I-130 petition ready to go, just want to be sure for some tips.

Comment

• Need help

Thank you rayb for responding and clearing all that up for me what a relief! I still have a question.. on the I-130 put all the info I have like w2 form, photos, airline tickets ect, or that isnt required ? I saw tons of videos of people adding all that stuff to there I-129F I was wonderimg If I cam do the same on my I-130.

Comment

• Lesbian Couple_PR_or_Green_Card_for_Indian girlfriend?

Hi,
                      I have a question and I hope I can get our situation cleared up. First of all I am madly in love with my girlfriend who lives in India. I am a US citizen. We have been in an LDR for over a year and we have met in person once and lived together during this time. It has been an amazing journey for us but we want to begin our life together in a home. We believe the best way out is coming to live in the US where we can live an open life. So, I am vigorously searching for information to find out the best way to get her to the US with me where she can legally live and work. We are both educated and earn a decent living and would be able to have decent jobs in the US.
                      I have been reading about fiance visas but since we are a lesbian couple, how will this work?
                      We have also been thinking of her coming to further study here and changing her F1 visa to a PR or green card?
                      Also do I have to be in the US to get these paper work done? or I can do it at a local US embassy. I cam not currently living in the US but I am a US citizen.
                      Basically we want to choose the most favorable option and begin the visa process as soon as possible and I want to find out as much details in regards to our sensitive situation. We have plans to be in the US by the ending of 2016.

I would greatly appreciate your contribution! I would even be prepared to make calls to you or email.

Originally posted by lawman View Post
                      Congratulations on getting married.

The determination as to what office you should submit your I-130, Petition for Alien Relative is based on where "you" the petitioner will be residing at the time of filing.

If you will be outside the United States, and would like to sponsor your spouse, you can submit your I-130 petition with the nearest U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) abroad. On USCIS website it will provide you with a listing of overseas offices.

Or you can file your I-130 at the nearest U.S. Consulate or Embassy in the country you will get married in. To see if there is an USCIS office in the country you are traveling to, you should go to USCIS website that will provide you with a listing over overseas Field Offices.

If you decide that after you marry, and you return to the U.S., then you would file your I-130 petition with the USCIS Service Center for processing.

Also, if you are a U.S. Citizen, and would like for your spouse to enter into the U.S. while your I-130 is pending review with a USCIS Service Center, you can have him enter the U.S. under a K3 visa. (Only for the spouse of a U.S. Citizen that is residing abroad, waiting for USCIS to approve their I-130 petition. The I-130 MUST be pending in order for your spouse to qualify for a K3 visa).

Good Luck!

Comment

• Do I need to go back to my country?

Hi,
                        I found this website and from reading up the information here, I've seen that there are folks here that can be of help to give advice on what to do.

I am a Nigerian citizen who is working and based in Dubai, UAE. I have a girlfriend who is an american and lives in Pennsylvania, USA. She has visited me in Dubai once and is also coming to Dubai in August this year for another visit. Our relationship has grown and am confident to have her as my wife. I plan to propose to her when she comes in August. We are considering living in the US.

A friend told me we can apply for a K1 Visa to fast track our settling together in the US but could not tell whether or not I have to go back to Nigeria after she must have filled the petition back in the US.

It is in the light of this that I seek advice to know if I need to go back to Nigeria or the US Consulate Office in Dubai will be able to handle my interview. I have been calling the consulate and the folks that pick the calls are always uninformed to provide adequate answers, rather they refer me to their website and the website does not indicate whether or not my interview will or can be schedule in Dubai.

I'd appreciate if someone who understands this processes can advice us.

Thanks

Comment

• Knightniel,

If you have valid employment or residence visa to be in Dubai, you can be processed and interviewed at the U.S. Embassy for a K1 visa.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Knightniel View Post
                          Hi,
                          I found this website and from reading up the information here, I've seen that there are folks here that can be of help to give advice on what to do.

I am a Nigerian citizen who is working and based in Dubai, UAE. I have a girlfriend who is an american and lives in Pennsylvania, USA. She has visited me in Dubai once and is also coming to Dubai in August this year for another visit. Our relationship has grown and am confident to have her as my wife. I plan to propose to her when she comes in August. We are considering living in the US.

A friend told me we can apply for a K1 Visa to fast track our settling together in the US but could not tell whether or not I have to go back to Nigeria after she must have filled the petition back in the US.

It is in the light of this that I seek advice to know if I need to go back to Nigeria or the US Consulate Office in Dubai will be able to handle my interview. I have been calling the consulate and the folks that pick the calls are always uninformed to provide adequate answers, rather they refer me to their website and the website does not indicate whether or not my interview will or can be schedule in Dubai.

I'd appreciate if someone who understands this processes can advice us.

Thanks

Comment

• k3

Hi friends. My husband is a U.S citizen. We got married nearly 2 month ago. Now we want to apply for K3 visa. Would you please tell me how long it takes to process K3?

Comment

• Originally posted by shila View Post
                              Hi friends. My husband is a U.S citizen. We got married nearly 2 month ago. Now we want to apply for K3 visa. Would you please tell me how long it takes to process K3?
                              if you are married why not apply for spousal visa instead?

Comment

• Actually, a K3 is a spousal visa. You are probably confusing "K3" with "K1," the latter of which is a fiancee visa.

The K3 visa is not routinely continued past USCIS anymore. One must first apply for an immigrant spousal visa (CR-1) using form I-130. The K3 I-129F can be sent once a receipt arrives for the I-130, and will be INITIALLY processed by USCIS, then held up while the I-130 continues to be processed by the NVC.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Jot18 View Post
                                if you are married why not apply for spousal visa instead?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X