Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your wife should request a Congressional office serving her area to make a formal inquiry of the U.S. Embassy or consulate where you were interviewed for an explanation for the delay. Consulates are expected to any Congressional queries within a reasonable period of time (usually a few days) stating the reason for processing delay.

It may be that the Consulate which is processing your application is having State Department staff or contractors verify your history in Nigeria, or even in Georgia. I've seen delays like this for fiancee and spousal visa applicants at Moscow and Switzerland, when the applicants were original from Afghanistan.

--Ray B

Originally posted by babatunde View Post
    hello immihelp,
    i am happy to be a part of this forum as it enables me share my experience and also get some advice about my ongoing IV case..

It has been 4 months now since i went for interview at the american embassy here in Tbilisi Georgia, and i was placed on AP a 221g letter given to me by the CO stated that i would be contacted when the process is completed and also stated that the process is normally resolved within 60 days,but 4 months has gone by.

I am a Nigerian national,but i currently live in Tbilisi Georgia where i am studying for a masters degree. My wife came down here in February and that was when we got married and she filed for I-130 when she got back to the states. our petition was approved by the uscis and forwarded to the Nvc and a case number was assigned to us(may 3rd),after which we expedited it because my wife was pregnant and having complications at that time. U.S embassy received the application and an interview was scheduled(Aug 7th) ever since then i have been placed on AP.. As am writing this i'm am so confused and frustrated already. I need an advice or a hint about what is going on and what the embassy want. Please anyone with useful information should kindly leave a comment or share their experience or ideas.

Thanks a bunch,

****tunde.

Comment

• How long does the K3 visa take to be approved.?

Hello, I am an algerian citizen and married to a US.citizen. He had applied for my K3-visa there a couple of months: he received the NOA of the i-130f on the 16th of July 2013 and the NOA of the i-129f on the 12th of August 2013. It has been almost 6 months and we didn't hear anything yet, i am worried and bored of being apart so please can somebody tell me how long does the K3 visa take to be approved? I wanna know when i might get an answer from them !!??? Many thanks .

Comment

• K3 visas are not being actively processed lately if I-130 petitions are being processed normally. Your final visa type will be an IR-1 or CR-1 (depending on length of marriage).

If the I-130 and the I-129F (for K3) were submitted in July and August of 2013, they are not yet overdue for USCIS approval. Your husband can check the status of the receipt number for the I-130

--Ray B

Originally posted by imanouislem View Post
        Hello, I am an algerian citizen and married to a US.citizen. He had applied for my K3-visa there a couple of months: he received the NOA of the i-130f on the 16th of July 2013 and the NOA of the i-129f on the 12th of August 2013. It has been almost 6 months and we didn't hear anything yet, i am worried and bored of being apart so please can somebody tell me how long does the K3 visa take to be approved? I wanna know when i might get an answer from them !!??? Many thanks .

Comment

• already had the congressional office inquire about the delay

hello ray b,

my wife already had the congressional office serving her district made a formal inquiry into the delay in our application process, but the congress office was told that the application process usually lasts for 90 days. And in the reply from the dos or the consulate to the congressional office, it was noted that until the process is completed, nothing could be done. what troubles me is that even the mandatory 90 days lapsed already. can we launch another inquiry via the congressional office again? or can we employ the service of an immigration lawyer to take on the case? or we should just wait? please advice me on what step to take. Thank you

****tunde..

Comment

• Your wife "jumped the gun" involving a Congressional office so early. I-130 petitions are averaging 6-11 months these days for the initial processing. An immigration lawyer would be a nonsense option since you really don't have an "overdue approval" issue yet. Use attorney services for hearing, appeals or reopens, not inquiries when your I-130 is still within normal processing timeframe.

--Ray B

hello ray b,

my wife already had the congressional office serving her district made a formal inquiry into the delay in our application process, but the congress office was told that the application process usually lasts for 90 days. And in the reply from the dos or the consulate to the congressional office, it was noted that until the process is completed, nothing could be done. what troubles me is that even the mandatory 90 days lapsed already. can we launch another inquiry via the congressional office again? or can we employ the service of an immigration lawyer to take on the case? or we should just wait? please advice me on what step to take. Thank you

****tunde..

Comment

• DNA sample requested by the U.S embassy

Hi Rayb,

After waiting for almost 8 months on AP me and my wife finally got an email from the embassy stating that if we want to speed up the process, we should provide a DNA sample of me and my daughter. We did as they requested,an appointment was scheduled for me at the embassy in which my DNA sample was collected and that of my daughter and we were told the result is due in 2 weeks or so. My concern now is would this mean that my visa will be available after they have confirmed that i am the biological father of my daughter,or this is just another means to further delay the process? Thank you

Comment

• A request from USCIS or an Embassy for DNA testing is made as an alternative to additional paper evidence, which may not be readily available. A positive testing outcome usually results in an approval for the visa, if all other standard requirements have been met.

--Ray B

Hi Rayb,

After waiting for almost 8 months on AP me and my wife finally got an email from the embassy stating that if we want to speed up the process, we should provide a DNA sample of me and my daughter. We did as they requested,an appointment was scheduled for me at the embassy in which my DNA sample was collected and that of my daughter and we were told the result is due in 2 weeks or so. My concern now is would this mean that my visa will be available after they have confirmed that i am the biological father of my daughter,or this is just another means to further delay the process? Thank you

Comment

• Hi Rayb,

Thank you for the useful information. I also would like know if there will be need for me to go through another medical examination because the last i did was in Aug 2013. Thank you

Comment

• You will need another medical exam completed within 6 months of departure.

--Ray B

Hi Rayb,

Thank you for the useful information. I also would like know if there will be need for me to go through another medical examination because the last i did was in Aug 2013. Thank you

Comment

• k3

How long those k3 visa take

Comment

• K3 visas are not being routinely processed any more, only in exceptional cases. For a spouse, the CR-1 or IR-1 is the visa that you can expect. The spousal CR-1 or IR-1 is taking between 8 and 11 months, on the average.

--Ray B

Originally posted by funmi77 View Post
                        How long those k3 visa take

Comment

Hi Rayb,

The US embassy received the DNA testing result,but now they have sent me and my wife a letter that reads " We received the results from the HLA/Relationship Testing Laboratory yesterday, April 2, 2014. The laboratory signed the results on March 26, 2014.

This is one part of the administrative processing that is required in this case. These results have been added to his case. There is no other action required on your part at this time. Once the administrative process is complete, our office will contact you and Mr. Agbaje."

I don't understand what else they want it's been 8 months since i have been placed on AP and the last letter they sent us stated that if we want the process to speed up,we should go ahead with a DNA testing which we did and they have the result.But now they are saying something different,please what could be the problem here? i need an advice as i am confused and my wife is almost devastated by the letter.

Thanks, ****tunde

Comment

• I think you are misreading the message from the Embassy. It is a notification that they received the DNA testing results, nothing else, and you are not being asked, in the message info you provided below, for any additional evidence. In my experience, once USCIS or an Embassy receives definitive DNA testing results, approval or visa processing continues, but a followup request for status a week or so later is also recommended.

--Ray B

Hi Rayb,

The US embassy received the DNA testing result,but now they have sent me and my wife a letter that reads " We received the results from the HLA/Relationship Testing Laboratory yesterday, April 2, 2014. The laboratory signed the results on March 26, 2014.

This is one part of the administrative processing that is required in this case. These results have been added to his case. There is no other action required on your part at this time. Once the administrative process is complete, our office will contact you and Mr. Agbaje."

I don't understand what else they want it's been 8 months since i have been placed on AP and the last letter they sent us stated that if we want the process to speed up,we should go ahead with a DNA testing which we did and they have the result.But now they are saying something different,please what could be the problem here? i need an advice as i am confused and my wife is almost devastated by the letter.

Thanks, ****tunde

Comment

Hi Rayb,

Thanks for the reply. If i get you right,what you mean is that since the embassy already have the DNA testing result,does that mean the visa is in process and about to be approved? and do you mean we can request for the status of our case? Lastly,do you have an idea how long it might take for the visa to be approved since the embassy has the DNA result? Thank you

****tunde.

Comment

• I'm in no position to tell you that processing is continuing and about to be approved.

What I can tell you, however, is that if DNA was all that was requested, the DNA proof should be sent to the Embassy from the laboratory, and the Embassy will probably proceed with processing, "in its own sweet time." Normally, there is no reason to expect a formal response from the Embassy after its receipt of the DNA results.

--Ray B

Hi Rayb,

Thanks for the reply. If i get you right,what you mean is that since the embassy already have the DNA testing result,does that mean the visa is in process and about to be approved? and do you mean we can request for the status of our case? Lastly,do you have an idea how long it might take for the visa to be approved since the embassy has the DNA result? Thank you

****tunde.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X