X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNA testing result

Hi rayb,
    It's been 3 weeks now since the embassy received the DNA testing result.The result is positive showing that I'm the father of my daughter.before we went ahead with the testing,the embassy told us in email that the DNA testing would speed up the process,but its the opposite and aside from the fact that they notified us that they have the result nothing has been heard from them in 3 weeks. So by the 3rd of may the cases would have lasted 1year.what is happening and what do you think we can do? Please kindly guide and advice me.I miss my wife so much and my daughter is almost 6 months old already.

Comment

• In which country is the visa processing occurring

--Ray B

Originally posted by babatunde View Post
      Hi rayb,
      It's been 3 weeks now since the embassy received the DNA testing result.The result is positive showing that I'm the father of my daughter.before we went ahead with the testing,the embassy told us in email that the DNA testing would speed up the process,but its the opposite and aside from the fact that they notified us that they have the result nothing has been heard from them in 3 weeks. So by the 3rd of may the cases would have lasted 1year.what is happening and what do you think we can do? Please kindly guide and advice me.I miss my wife so much and my daughter is almost 6 months old already.

Comment

• DNA testing

The us embassy in Tbilisi Georgia.that's the country in which me and my wife married.

Comment

• Originally posted by babatunde View Post
          The us embassy in Tbilisi Georgia.that's the country in which me and my wife married.
          With other embassies which I am getting feedback about from people with whom we work, 3-10 weeks is about average for the Embassy to acknowledge receipt of requested evidence and proceed with visa issuance.

Depending on how the visas are made available in Georgia (courier, pickup, etc.), you may be checking with the wrong office. About two years ago a visa for a spouse at the U.S. Embassy in Kabul (Afghanistan) never reached or was not "available" when she was told it was available. The family later found out that the visa had been "sold" to someone else. Of course this was hearsay, but petitioner's father had very good information sources at the Embassy.

--Ray B

Comment

• DNA testing

So do you suggest we just hold on till we hear from the embassy or what could be done?

Comment

• No, you have to be proactive. If you do nothing, an error at the Embassy might result in the visa being buried. Call about once a week; send email messages; get a Congressional office to make an inquiry.

--Ray B

So do you suggest we just hold on till we hear from the embassy or what could be done?

Comment

• DNA testing

Thank you for the advice..how long exactly does the l-130 or CR1 Petition takes to be approved?

Comment

• If your visa processing is now at the Georgia U.S. Embassy, your petition is already approved. Based on what you posted earlier, I thought you were now waiting for the Embassy to issue the visa.

--Ray B

Thank you for the advice..how long exactly does the l-130 or CR1 Petition takes to be approved?

Comment

• Yes the visa is what I have been waiting for.I have been placed on AP for almost 9 months now ans just recently was I asked to to go ahead with a DNA testing which I have done and they have the result since 3 weeks now.

Comment

• My question is,how long exactly does AP lasts for before visa is issued? Because I have been on AP for almost 9 month's now.

Comment

• I saw the current processing times have been recently up dated saying its still taking 5 months to process - my application is at Texas - is this the case - Im coming up to 4 months now!

I also read that once it leaves Texas it is pretty quick - at the NVC place and then in London - would you agree!? I know we can't get in touch with the Texas Office, its becoming more frustrating by the day. I am from the UK and my fiance is from the USA, I just really want to move now!!

Thanks, Amie

Comment

• on AP for 9 months

Hi Rayb,

I have written you before but I didn't get any response from you and that's understandable.

My wife called the embassies consuler section to inquire about the status of our visa case and she was told that even the embassy itself is waiting on the case to be verified by other bodies,meaning It's either with Dept if state,Nvc or Uscis.the consular didn't mention where exactly but mentioned the case is somewhere around Washington.

It's being 1year since the case was created by the Nvc and 9months since I had the interview at the embassy. What could be happening in your experience? And what do you think can be done? As all this situations is becoming more frustratingly unbearable. Thank you.

****tunde.

Comment

• Hello Friends,

My Question is that How long does this take to process?

Comment

• ****tude,

I did send an earlier response to you on this thread on 4/22.

Anyway, a delay this long after an interview, and after being told by the Embassy that the case is being reviewed back in the U.S., has all the indications of a political review. I'm not suggesting "high level" investigation, but just a name check by other agencies against their own databases of political activists.

I've also seen that "Administrative Review" is often a mask used by the Embassy for burying a case after an indecisive interview or some "red flag" or another that the interviewer didn't know how to interpret.

--Ray B

Hi Rayb,

I have written you before but I didn't get any response from you and that's understandable.

My wife called the embassies consuler section to inquire about the status of our visa case and she was told that even the embassy itself is waiting on the case to be verified by other bodies,meaning It's either with Dept if state,Nvc or Uscis.the consular didn't mention where exactly but mentioned the case is somewhere around Washington.

It's being 1year since the case was created by the Nvc and 9months since I had the interview at the embassy. What could be happening in your experience? And what do you think can be done? As all this situations is becoming more frustratingly unbearable. Thank you.

****tunde.

Comment

• Thanks for the response. So in your opinion and sincere advice,what do you suggest my wife and i do? As waiting this long is becoming irrelevant. I have a masters degree and can't work here as there is no job.do you think going back to my country is a good idea? It's not that my country has abundance employment but I can find something doing to support my self,wife and our daughter instead of wasting away here.Thanks

****tunde

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X