This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co sponsor k1 visa for kosovo

Hello my fiance is from Kosovo.. I need to use a co sponsor (my sister) because I am under the income requirements.. I have heard that some consolates do not accept co sponsors.. does anyone know if Kosovo does?

Comment

• Administrative Processing Time for k1 visa for Iran 2017

Hello everyone...
      I've applied for my fiancé K-1 visa June 2016...
      His case was approved in Oct 2016...
      He had his interview Dec 18, 2016 ... They gave him the Ok and said he was approved... however they told him to wait up to 4 month for a response...
      Since then.. Dec 20, 2016 until now his case has been under administrative processing... in 2 days it will be 4 months since his interview and we've heard nothing regarding his case...
      now I am just wondering does this usually happen with everyone? or just people from Iran?
      I would appreciate it if anyone can get to me regarding this...
      Do you guys think there a longer wait time?

Thank you,
      -Fee

Comment

• IF your fiancee has been under Admin Review for 4 months,this is not standard treatment. It is not accurate for him to be considered "approved" following his interview wthout a visa issuance within 10 days or so, and it is not routine for interviewers to tell applicants they are approved, then follow up with Admin Review for this long. Most likely your fiance was given an exception notice or an email after the interview giving him a more specific reason for a subsequent Admin Review process.

--Ray B

Originally posted by fee_cheshami View Post
        Hello everyone...
        I've applied for my fiancé K-1 visa June 2016...
        His case was approved in Oct 2016...
        He had his interview Dec 18, 2016 ... They gave him the Ok and said he was approved... however they told him to wait up to 4 month for a response...
        Since then.. Dec 20, 2016 until now his case has been under administrative processing... in 2 days it will be 4 months since his interview and we've heard nothing regarding his case...
        now I am just wondering does this usually happen with everyone? or just people from Iran?
        I would appreciate it if anyone can get to me regarding this...
        Do you guys think there a longer wait time?

Thank you,
        -Fee

Comment

• I really need help

hi all,

so I will state my case clearly in here and hope that some one knowledgable could help me on this.

I applied petition for my fiance (now is wife) to come to us. Everything went smoothly. She got her visa and able to come here and we already married
          the problem here:
          her K1 visa was like this:
          Surname: lastname
          Given name: Middle name First name
          and this was like this since a year (i have checked with many people and they confirm this)

so when I married her, I put her real first name as her name on our marriage certificate.
          when I make her SSN, the lady in SSN office told us that she has to use the name on her visa which is her middle as her first name.

so the problem is that when I apply for i-485 which name should i use?

should i request to change her name on her visa as Given name: First name middle name? and how hard is that?
          if I use her middle name as her first name to fill out the rest of paper work, then the name on her marriage certificate will be different from her name on SSN, and other paper work. will this create trouble later?

What if I want to change her name on our marriage certificate, do you know how long it would take?

Thanks

Tinh Lac

Comment

• K3 visa, yay or nay?

Hello,

Me and my husband (usa citizen) just started with our process for my immigration to usa, and we submitted our i-130 forms.
            i was wondering, if k-3 visa would make the waiting time any shorter for me?

He is in michigan, and will be sending docs to Dallas lock box.

Any advise will be appreciated!
            Thank you!

Originally posted by rayb View Post
            No, the petitioner for a fiancee visa mus be a U.S. citizen.

--Ray B

QUOTE=Raiten Ten;477945]Hi can someone help me? My gf just went to us last year 2016 . Its been a year when she left. And we are talking how she can get me for petition. Im from philippines. Can she apply fiance visa for me even she is us immigrant visa not yet a citizen? Thank you for the help.
            [/QUOTE]

Originally posted by Tinhtrilac View Post
            hi all,

so I will state my case clearly in here and hope that some one knowledgable could help me on this.

I applied petition for my fiance (now is wife) to come to us. Everything went smoothly. She got her visa and able to come here and we already married
            the problem here:
            her K1 visa was like this:
            Surname: lastname
            Given name: Middle name First name
            and this was like this since a year (i have checked with many people and they confirm this)

so when I married her, I put her real first name as her name on our marriage certificate.
            when I make her SSN, the lady in SSN office told us that she has to use the name on her visa which is her middle as her first name.

so the problem is that when I apply for i-485 which name should i use?

should i request to change her name on her visa as Given name: First name middle name? and how hard is that?
            if I use her middle name as her first name to fill out the rest of paper work, then the name on her marriage certificate will be different from her name on SSN, and other paper work. will this create trouble later?

What if I want to change her name on our marriage certificate, do you know how long it would take?

Thanks

Tinh Lac
            IF your fiancee has been under Admin Review for 4 months,this is not standard treatment. It is not accurate for him to be considered "approved" following his interview wthout a visa issuance within 10 days or so, and it is not routine for interviewers to tell applicants they are approved, then follow up with Admin Review for this long. Most likely your fiance was given an exception notice or an email after the interview giving him a more specific reason for a subsequent Admin Review process.

--Ray B

Comment

• USCIS does not actively support K3 visas as a substitute for I-130 processing. This lack of support for K3 processing became apparent about 6+ years ago, though K3 informaation still appears on the USCIS website. If you submit an I-129F for a K3 visa, after you have a receipt for the I-130, nothing happens after the I-129F approval, but the I-130 moves on to the National Visa Center.

--Ray B

Originally posted by farhanahq View Post
              Hello,

Me and my husband (usa citizen) just started with our process for my immigration to usa, and we submitted our i-130 forms.
              i was wondering, if k-3 visa would make the waiting time any shorter for me?

He is in michigan, and will be sending docs to Dallas lock box.

Any advise will be appreciated!
              Thank you!
              [/QUOTE]

Comment

• So, does it reduce the processing time of i-130?

USCIS does not actively support K3 visas as a substitute for I-130 processing. This lack of support for K3 processing became apparent about 6+ years ago, though K3 informaation still appears on the USCIS website. If you submit an I-129F for a K3 visa, after you have a receipt for the I-130, nothing happens after the I-129F approval, but the I-130 moves on to the National Visa Center.

--Ray B
                [/QUOTE]

Comment

• If USCIS does not process K3 applications, your I-130 processing time is not reduced.

--Ray B

Originally posted by farhanahq View Post
                  So, does it reduce the processing time of i-130?
                  [/QUOTE]

Comment

• Affidavit of Support form - i-864

can any1 guide me to Latest version of form Affidavit of Support form - i-864? the last one available on USCIS, expired on 31st july 2017.

Comment

• [
                      The 7/02/2015 version is still the official I-864, although was supposed to expire last July.

--Ray B

QUOTE=farhanahq;525446]can any1 guide me to Latest version of form Affidavit of Support form - i-864? the last one available on USCIS, expired on 31st july 2017.[/QUOTE]

Comment

• Question about Spousal Visa Process

I am a US citizen and just got married to my spouse (an Indian citizen) in India. Before we even got married, my spouse obtained a US travel visa, which expires in 9 years from now. I am going to apply for the spousal visa by next month ( Feb 2018 ). Can my spouse still visit me ( in the US ) for a couple of weeks ( possibly June 2018 ) with his US travel visa? OR does he need to wait for the approval of his spousal visa, first?

Comment

• If your husband continues to enter the U.S. on his visitor visa, he may be warned against entering with possible intent of staying.

--Ray B

Originally posted by hanifaishere View Post
                          I am a US citizen and just got married to my spouse (an Indian citizen) in India. Before we even got married, my spouse obtained a US travel visa, which expires in 9 years from now. I am going to apply for the spousal visa by next month ( Feb 2018 ). Can my spouse still visit me ( in the US ) for a couple of weeks ( possibly June 2018 ) with his US travel visa? OR does he need to wait for the approval of his spousal visa, first?

Comment

• Unique passport situation

I changed my name by Deed poll a few months ago and am still using my old passport (It's still legal and valid so long as all tickets are in the old name)

However, now we're applying for K1, am I right in thinking that the name on my K1 has to match my passport and therefore I should apply for a new passport in my new name?

If I do, will I retain all travel information from the old one? So dates of travel and such like as proof that I've been to see my fiance?

Comment

• Your airline tickets should match your passport name, if you are the visa applicant.

The K1 petition should be in the applicant's name that he is legally eligible to use.

It's not clear to me if you are asking these questions in the context of the visa applicant or visa petitioner.

--Ray B

Originally posted by lacrimosaangel View Post
                              I changed my name by Deed poll a few months ago and am still using my old passport (It's still legal and valid so long as all tickets are in the old name)

However, now we're applying for K1, am I right in thinking that the name on my K1 has to match my passport and therefore I should apply for a new passport in my new name?

If I do, will I retain all travel information from the old one? So dates of travel and such like as proof that I've been to see my fiance?

Comment

• Originally posted by rayb View Post
                                Your airline tickets should match your passport name, if you are the visa applicant.

The K1 petition should be in the applicant's name that he is legally eligible to use.

It's not clear to me if you are asking these questions in the context of the visa applicant or visa petitioner.

--Ray B
                                Apologies, I am the applicant (UK citizen who will be getting the K1)

Does my K1 have to match my passport? The tickets will, I've just returned from a US visit and used the old name, but we're hoping to file the K1 within the next 6 months so if the K1 needs to match the passport, I need to ensure I have enough time to order a replacement passport :/

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X