Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversion from H4 visa to F1 visa status

Hi,
    This is kiranmaye, I am on h4 visa. Recently i came to India for attending F1 visa on december 5 2016, but unfortunately my F1 visa dint got approved. And i planned to travel back to USA on december 26 2016, but the day of my return journey, I was unable to do online check in, as i called to airlines they told me my travel got denied because they got a mail from embassy telling that my travel should be denied because because of invalid visa.
    I have my visa till december 4 2017. I called to Immigration customer service number and i mailed a copy of my visa to immigration site. But they replied me telling that i am running out of my visa. I asked them that i am having my H4 visa valid till next december, how can i am not be eligible to travel to USA even though i dint got my F1 visa stamping, but having H4 visa valid.

Can anyone please help me out of this problem, will really H4 visa gets cancelled if we attend for F1 visa in India. Because before coming to India i approached lawyers in USA regarding this they told me that i can go to India for F1 stamping, If it gets rejected still u can come back on H4 visa. But things happened above the imagination. My husband and my self having some personal disputes, few of them told that may be he kept a mail to immigration that no where i am concerned to him and to reject my H4 status.

can anyone give me clear information regarding this issue.

Originally posted by kiranmaye View Post
    Hi,
    This is kiranmaye, I am on h4 visa. Recently i came to India for attending F1 visa on december 5 2016, but unfortunately my F1 visa dint got approved. And i planned to travel back to USA on december 26 2016, but the day of my return journey, I was unable to do online check in, as i called to airlines they told me my travel got denied because they got a mail from embassy telling that my travel should be denied because because of invalid visa.
    I have my visa till december 4 2017. I called to Immigration customer service number and i mailed a copy of my visa to immigration site. But they replied me telling that i am running out of my visa. I asked them that i am having my H4 visa valid till next december, how can i am not be eligible to travel to USA even though i dint got my F1 visa stamping, but having H4 visa valid.

Can anyone please help me out of this problem, will really H4 visa gets cancelled if we attend for F1 visa in India. Because before coming to India i approached lawyers in USA regarding this they told me that i can go to India for F1 stamping, If it gets rejected still u can come back on H4 visa. But things happened above the imagination. My husband and my self having some personal disputes, few of them told that may be he kept a mail to immigration that no where i am concerned to him and to reject my H4 status.

can anyone give me clear information regarding this issue.
    Hello Kiranmaye. So sorry about your situation. I hope you are feeling better now and you are in a better situation now.

Could you please let me know what happened to your situation after that? My wife is on H4 wanting to join for MS in Spring 2018. She is going to India in a month and we were thinking to apply for VISA while she is in India. We are also thinking about doing COS while in the USA. I am surprised when you mentioned that your H4 was revoked because of F1 denial. I never heard of such a situation. Could you please let me know what action you took so it may be helpful for us somehow. Awaiting your reply.Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X