Uscis processing updated _ Which location am I looking for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uscis processing updated _ Which location am I looking for

Hi folks, USCIS has just updated processing time today. My husband is US citizen and he did concurrent filing for me. Can someone please explain which service center is processing my I-130? I'm in Queens NY and the case number is MSC179 **** **** *. As I looked up the website it seems that I 130 will be processed by offices as attached screenshot but I don't know to which mine will be assigned...
    Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, new York is probably the slowest area... Seems to take ten to 11 months for I-485 case processing>_<
    Attached Files

I was told that it is your local office. I called the 1800 number from the fingerprint form and the woman answered says that it is your local office that process the application.Mine is San Diego, so the processing time is 8-9 months.

Comment

Thank you! Is the local office dealing with BOTH I 130 AND I 485 or only I 485? Because I don't see I 130 processing timeline under local offices page.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenTara View Post
        Thank you! Is the local office dealing with BOTH I 130 AND I 485 or only I 485? Because I don't see I 130 processing timeline under local offices page.
        I have the same question and i'm in NJ. similar timeline as NY. seems like 485 takes about a year but I can't find i130.
        When's your RD date?

Comment

I believe the I-130 is processed at a service center and not your local field office (you will find processing dates for the I-130 for service centers).

I filed my case January this year (approved in June) and my I-130 never had the status change from the initial acceptance one. To this day the status online has not changed.

6/7 - Interview Date (Los Angeles)
          6/8 - Green card ordered email
          6/9 - I-485 approved email
          6/12 - I-130 approval notice received in mail (status still not changed online)
          6/13 - Green card was mailed email
          6/15 - I-485 approval notice received in mail
          6/16 - Green card delivered.

The I-130 seems to be processed in parallel to the I-485 and you will pretty much never hear anything or have any interaction regarding it if you file concurrently‚ unless of course there is a problem with your I-130 for any reason in which case I assume you would receive an RFIE or RFE. I think for all intent and purposes the I-130 processing is in the background and will generally involve nothing except as part of the final approval process in the terms of a notification.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X