Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invalidate my wife's H-4 visa after separation and get a new H4.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invalidate my wife's H-4 visa after separation and get a new H4.

I need some information about invalidating H4 visa and little more. We got married in 2015 and resided in India till March 2016. After that I got my H1B visa stamped and moved to USA alone while my wife stayed back in India also with her H-4 visa(H1B dependent visa) stamped from the consulate. She was never willing to and also never travelled to USA. Now based on mutual consent, we've filed mutual separation in India. Hopefully will get everything sorted out in November 2017. I have a plan to get re-married in Nov-Dec and need to get my new wife's visa stamped so that she can come over and join me.

How do I notify USCIS of my divorce so that they can invalidate the old H4 visa and issue a new one ?
    Should I expect any hardship in obtaining H4 visa for my new wife ?

There is nothing for you to do regarding the old visa

Your new spouse would apply for her visa, and will prove that her relationship is valid by bringing along her marriage certificate and your divorce decree

Comment

Originally posted by anonymusdivorce View Post
      I need some information about invalidating H4 visa and little more. We got married in 2015 and resided in India till March 2016. After that I got my H1B visa stamped and moved to USA alone while my wife stayed back in India also with her H-4 visa(H1B dependent visa) stamped from the consulate. She was never willing to and also never travelled to USA. Now based on mutual consent, we've filed mutual separation in India. Hopefully will get everything sorted out in November 2017. I have a plan to get re-married in Nov-Dec and need to get my new wife's visa stamped so that she can come over and join me.

How do I notify USCIS of my divorce so that they can invalidate the old H4 visa and issue a new one ?
      Should I expect any hardship in obtaining H4 visa for my new wife ?
      You cannot apply for invalidating ex-spouse's H4. Just go ahead with applying H4 for new spouse, do carry legal paperwork confirming the divorce. Also , get spouse name changed, if present in passport.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X