Visa submitted/Deploying soon complicated situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa submitted/Deploying soon complicated situation

Okay fellas I have a complex situation I'll try to be as descriptive as possible!

we submitted our visa a month ago and I have received my NoA saying that it has been sent to the California service center.
    So my visa is now being processed and hopefully there is no faults with it.

Im in the military and yesterday arrived at a new command. They notified me that I will be deploying in November which is near the point of when the visa would be approved and I would have been married.

Now, I 'could' call the visa center and have my application expedited due to my military implications, so it could possibly be approved a bit sooner.

My dilemma is;
    We want to get married ASAP and before my deployment so that I can add her to my military stuff and whatnot before I depart the states, if not then we will be forced to wait until about may of 2018.
    Once we marry, we want her to return back to Korea so she doesn't just sit here alone for 6 months since she has never stayed for an extended period on her own before.

What are my options?
    im aware that once you marry you are typically unable to leave the States for a certain period of time, but given my circumstances, is there anything we can do?

Originally posted by thuctapvutdb View Post
    Okay fellas I have a complex situation I'll try to be as descriptive as possible!

we submitted our visa a month ago and I have received my NoA saying that it has been sent to the California service center.
    So my visa is now being processed and hopefully there is no faults with it.

Im in the military and yesterday arrived at a new command. They notified me that I will be deploying in November which is near the point of when the visa would be approved and I would have been married.

Now, I 'could' call the visa center and have my application expedited due to my military implications, so it could possibly be approved a bit sooner.

My dilemma is;
    We want to get married ASAP and before my deployment so that I can add her to my military stuff and whatnot before I depart the states, if not then we will be forced to wait until about may of 2018.
    Once we marry, we want her to return back to Korea so she doesn't just sit here alone for 6 months since she has never stayed for an extended period on her own before.

What are my options?
    im aware that once you marry you are typically unable to leave the States for a certain period of time, but given my circumstances, is there anything we can do?
    Hey there,
    I'm not quite sure on the question. You say your visa is being processed, but it sounds like you actually just submitted your I-129F petition? is that right?
    It's possible that your I-129F will be approved within the time frame that you've calculated. It could also be slower or faster. You cannot know just right now.
    Also, remember even after the K-1 visa is approved and issued at the US Embassy, it's valid for an entire 6 months. Which means that your fiance can stay put in the country for another 6 months before having to use the K-1 to come to the US. This will give you more time. Does that help your situation?
    --Good luck--
    Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X