X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• correction in Passport number after scheduling appointment

hi
    I created a profile and updated it precisely as the site suggested

I hurried in the last minute and made an error by inadvertently changing passport number with given name. After taking appointment only came to know about this.
    Made payment and scheduled appointment for two people.
    It seems now unable to change it and the fee paid for both are still there.
    As site suggested,(https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/applicanthome) tried to request through provide feedback link and chosen unblock receipt.
    The case seems closed without any response.
    Can anybody got a solution for this please? I wish to get passport number changed. or to use the receipt
    Scheduled date is July only.

Resolved

Hi..

This is just to update anyone else having the same trouble.

I was asked to first cancel appointment then send passport copy and they made the corrections.. simply
    luckily i got the same dates for appointment.
    i used the feedback form only and got message in my email inbox. and there after correspondences were through email only

thanks

Comment

Is there another way to chamge the passport number without cancelling the appointment as in these time it is very difficult to book an early slot

Comment

Hi,
        I hope this is doable. You can call to Visa application center to make corrections.
        Thanks

Comment

Hi there,
          I am in the same boat - had old passport, paid the fees and then realized it's expiring within 6 months of travel. Got the new passport and now trying to update it AFTER the fact that the fees has already been paid on CGI portal and the appointment has been scheduled. I emailed the support and they said the following:

In response to your question, we request you to please proceed with your scheduled appointment.

At your appointment, please inform the Visa Application Center officials about the changes.

Note: Fill the DS-160 with new passport details and at the time of appointment carry both old and new passports.​

My question is that was filling the new DS-160 enough or did you face any challenges while submitting your documents at the dropbox location? or is there any other solution to this?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X