Question Related to Immigration Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question Related to Immigration Process

I am currently in process with NVC and have received an letter to submit petitioner (myself) I-864 which I should have sent it while I start the process with them but didn't know at that time. Now my concern is not knowing how to respond on I-864 for example in part 1 they are asking for " I am the sponsor and submitting this affidavit of support because (select only one box) Now which do I have to select. Let me tell you this I am Unemployed and Not the Finance Sponsor its my uncle so on his I-864 He chose the box "I am the only joint Sponsor" and provided all the finance documents. On my I-864 I do not know what to choose, my guess is that I need to choose I am the petitioner. I filed or I am filing for the immigrant of my relative. Can someone please help me choose the correct answer for Part 1 on I-864? I also need help with Part 5, do you suggest just enter the number 1 in household size, how can this question be answer?
    in part 7 which is optional but they are asking for Assets, do you suggest someone like me who has $6,000 in checking account which ofcourse always i get gift from my siblings until I get a job. do you think i should fill this Part 7 out or skip it? as if i fill this part out than i have to proof with bank statement but its a student checking account since i was student would that be any issue? even though its not that i was on student visa, I am american citizen but when i opened that account there was an option for enrolled students that they can open checking account and there wont be any additional charges since than i have that account, would that be issue? because i am still planning to proceed with further degree. let me know what would be best to do with part 7 skipping or answer?

i did homework that even though if petitioner is unemployed and they have nothing to show there wont be any issue at all as long as they find co-sponsor who is stable enough to support the status.

i am just nervous and not to sure what to do at this point? i don't want to delay this case anymore, its already on hold because most of the process is already done and the only document was missing petitioner I-864 and we are so close to being interview. please someone help me out what should I do with my I-864 and what would be the best options to choose for each part?

Thanks in advance

You are the Primary Sponsor, even without employment or tax return.

Your uncle is a co-sponsor.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Samhoney View Post
    I am currently in process with NVC and have received an letter to submit petitioner (myself) I-864 which I should have sent it while I start the process with them but didn't know at that time. Now my concern is not knowing how to respond on I-864 for example in part 1 they are asking for " I am the sponsor and submitting this affidavit of support because (select only one box) Now which do I have to select. Let me tell you this I am Unemployed and Not the Finance Sponsor its my uncle so on his I-864 He chose the box "I am the only joint Sponsor" and provided all the finance documents. On my I-864 I do not know what to choose, my guess is that I need to choose I am the petitioner. I filed or I am filing for the immigrant of my relative. Can someone please help me choose the correct answer for Part 1 on I-864? I also need help with Part 5, do you suggest just enter the number 1 in household size, how can this question be answer?
    in part 7 which is optional but they are asking for Assets, do you suggest someone like me who has $6,000 in checking account which ofcourse always i get gift from my siblings until I get a job. do you think i should fill this Part 7 out or skip it? as if i fill this part out than i have to proof with bank statement but its a student checking account since i was student would that be any issue? even though its not that i was on student visa, I am american citizen but when i opened that account there was an option for enrolled students that they can open checking account and there wont be any additional charges since than i have that account, would that be issue? because i am still planning to proceed with further degree. let me know what would be best to do with part 7 skipping or answer?

i did homework that even though if petitioner is unemployed and they have nothing to show there wont be any issue at all as long as they find co-sponsor who is stable enough to support the status.

i am just nervous and not to sure what to do at this point? i don't want to delay this case anymore, its already on hold because most of the process is already done and the only document was missing petitioner I-864 and we are so close to being interview. please someone help me out what should I do with my I-864 and what would be the best options to choose for each part?

Thanks in advance

Comment

I am currently in process with NVC and have received an letter to submit petitioner (myself) I-864 which I should have sent it while I start the process with them but didn't know at that time.
      Waiting for NVC to ask for it is correct. I-864 is not submitted with I-130.

Now my concern is not knowing how to respond on I-864 for example in part 1 they are asking for " I am the sponsor and submitting this affidavit of support because (select only one box) Now which do I have to select. Let me tell you this I am Unemployed and Not the Finance Sponsor its my uncle so on his I-864 He chose the box "I am the only joint Sponsor" and provided all the finance documents. On my I-864 I do not know what to choose, my guess is that I need to choose I am the petitioner. I filed or I am filing for the immigrant of my relative. Can someone please help me choose the correct answer for Part 1 on I-864?
      Yes. 1.a I am the petitioner.

I also need help with Part 5, do you suggest just enter the number 1 in household size, how can this question be answer?
      Well there will be at least you (1) and the immigrant (1), so at least 2. There may be more people in your household e.g. your spouse, any dependents, etc. (but don't count anyone twice). You haven't provided enough information about your situation to figure out the exact number.

Well since you are using a joint sponsor, it means what you have (income and assets) is not enough. Since it is not enough anyway, there is no point to use assets. You would only use assets if it would make your household sufficient, but it doesn't in your case.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X