I-94 Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-94 Problem

I'm American and my husband is Canadian and I'm sponsoring him for a family visa. At the time we came down to the US my husband had planned on returning to Canada in a couple weeks and we were going to file at that point... however, the job he was planning on going back to fell through and now we feel it's better for us to file from here.

Now we're filing and one issue we're having is that there doesn't appear to be an I-94 for the date we entered the US. There's one from a few weeks earlier when we flew to Florida for a vacation but nothing for the day we drove in.

Is this normal?

What should we do for Part 1 of the I-485 where they ask for "Date of Arrival" and "I-94 Arrival-Departure Record Number?" His most recent I-94 is from a couple weeks before his date of last arrival.

Originally posted by Penguins View Post
    Is this normal?
    Absolutely normal

Originally posted by Penguins View Post
    What should we do for Part 1 of the I-485 where they ask for "Date of Arrival" and "I-94 Arrival-Departure Record Number?" His most recent I-94 is from a couple weeks before his date of last arrival.
    Put the date he entered, and "(none - Canadian visitor)" for I-94 number.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Great, thanks again. You've been so helpful. I don't know what we'd have done if we didn't find this site.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X