Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 A Blanket Rejected, L1 A Individual Approved

Hi,

This site has been a tremendous help in preparing for the visa interview so i feel now it is my time to get back.

I had my L1A blanket interview in Chennai in December 2016. The VO asked me basic questions

Questions- Salary,Duration with company, Designation, Roles in US, Reporting Manager's location etc

She rejected the visa saying since the threshold of this visa is very small, she did not feel sure about my role and said i should consider a different category

Please do not argue with the VO's as they will not provide you with reasons for refusal.

I applied for individual visa after consulting with my legal team and it took about 3-4 months for the whole petition process to go through.

My L1A individual petition was submitted to USCIS on April 28th and it got approved on May 3rd without any RFE. I just went to the Delhi embassy where the VO asked me basic questions and said the **** * words.

My feel is that if your petition is approved by USCIS then your visa will be approved

I think the mistake that i did for blanket was that i did not prepare.

L1 A Blanket Rejected, L1 A Individual Approved

Thanks. It's very helpful.
    So you think the previous denial history will not impact the petition with USCIC, right?

Comment

Originally posted by ricee View Post
      Thanks. It's very helpful.
      So you think the previous denial history will not impact the petition with USCIC, right?
      Most blankets are rejected because of "NCA" - which means Not Clearly Approvable. When the VO is not 100% sure about you, he will ask you to go through individual petition.

For any visa re-apply after rejection, if the candidate shows substantial improvement, there are high chances that the visa will be approved.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

What are the requirements for L1A visa?

Comment

L1-B Blanket denied with 'not clearly approvable' stamp on I-129S

My L-1B got denied by the Chennai Consulate and I was handed over the blue color 221(g) form with the following reason: Your Blanket L-1 application is not clearly approvable under section 8 CFR 214.2 (I) (ii) (B),(C) or (D) or INA 101(a),(15) (L).

When I check the status online on ceac.State.gov, it shows as Administrative Processing. Does this mean that there is any chance that the Consulate may approve my L1-B visa? Or it is just a matter of time that the status will get updated on the website to denied or refused? Please advise. Thanks in advance!!

Comment

L-1B got denied by the Chennai Consulate and I was handed over the blue color 221(g)

Originally posted by Jagjeet View Post
            My L-1B got denied by the Chennai Consulate and I was handed over the blue color 221(g) form with the following reason: Your Blanket L-1 application is not clearly approvable under section 8 CFR 214.2 (I) (ii) (B),(C) or (D) or INA 101(a),(15) (L).

When I check the status online on ceac.State.gov, it shows as Administrative Processing. Does this mean that there is any chance that the Consulate may approve my L1-B visa? Or it is just a matter of time that the status will get updated on the website to denied or refused? Please advise. Thanks in advance!!

May i know what happened to your visa status later on ? I'm stuck with same problem . My visa was pushed back with "blue color 221(g) form with the following reason: Your Blanket L-1 application is not clearly approvable under section 8 CFR 214.2 (I) (ii) (B),(C) or (D) or INA 101(a),(15) (L). "

Comment

Your Blanket L-1 application is not clearly approvable under section 8 CFR 214.2 (I)

I was given blue color 221(g) form with the following reason: Your Blanket L-1 application is not clearly approvable under section 8 CFR 214.2 (I) (ii) (B),(C) or (D) or INA 101(a),(15) (L).
              Any got positive response in above cases ?

Comment

Apply for L1 individual petition. All of you still have high chances to get the visa.
                - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Originally posted by sderiis
                  Its not like that. It depends on the reason of denial. For example, if you were denied earlier because of your criminal history, then it will surely impact your future applications as well. But if it was denied because of some incomplete information, then it won't have any impact in next application.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X