issue with name on social security card and ESTA question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• issue with name on social security card and ESTA question

I am about to file my petition for k1 visa for my Swedish fiancé and realized my last name on my social security card is different from all other forms of ID (passport, drivers license, etc). This is due to a previous marriage and all of my IDs have my married name on it but my social is my maiden name. For whatever reason I never changed it on my social. During the divorce I kept my married name as to avoid having to change it on my passport as I travel a lot for work. Now I'm concerned this will create a problem with the petition application and could cause it to be rejected. I'm also not sure how to put my name down on the app. When I file my taxes I have to use my maiden name. I live almost two hours away from the social security office so this is the major reason I've never done the name change as time has never allowed. I've considered taking time off to just make the trip to do it but am now worried that changing it now would also create confusion with the petition process. I'm just unsure what to do. The rest of the petition is filled out and without concern. I'm going to be contacting an attorney but we want to get the petition off asap as we've waited quite a long time already and to be honest growing impatient and know the longer we wait to file it the longer until we can be together.

I have a second question as well... my fiancé has been visiting on an ESTA and returns home June 6 at the expiration of his ESTA. We want for him to return to the states after a period as well who likes being separated from their better half for too long. We plan for him to stay in Sweden while the petition is being processed and until he must attend his interview at the consulate there and do whatever necessary preparations with home and work for his eventual transition to the states but want to return for another visit before the visa process is finished. How long should he wait to return on an ESTA again as not to create suspicion or problems with the process. His visits here are solely for vacationing and spending time together. Not for work or even looking for work.

Any advice is welcome. Thanks in advance.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X