Interview on 6/28/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview on 6/28/17

Hello Team, Hello everyone!! My wife file for me in December 2016, did fingerprint in January 2017. I was married once in the past but marriage did not work out and everything fell out to nothing it was a bitter divorce and ex wife was very controlling pretty much cancelled it all as i was just about to receive my GC and withdrew herself completely. My french passport have been missing ever since and I lucked out with FOIA to retrieve my I94 from 1993 when i first entered the US and decided to stay. My question is will i have issues at the interview because USCIS know about my passport situation, i can't get another one even if i go to Miami French Embassy because i do not have any valid ID. My license expired in 2014 and since my EAD was terminated since 2008 the French Embassy said too bad you need a valid ID here to get a new European passport wow. I truly got so lucky to have my birth certificate along with my expired license even to do the actual fingerprinting. I was surprised they asked again for my I94 because i still have a valid issued Alien number from 2001 just not authorized to do anything nor travel. No criminal background etc. Also when my wife submitted the paperwork to INS she never made any copies of the forms, all i have is receipts, marriage certificate, birth certificates for all of us and our kids and only we have one joint account which is the Geico insurance one. No bank accounts together since i can not open any account with an expired license. I am so nervous that it fails. Don't they have the original paperwork we submitted is it going to be an issue that haunts me about my passport. Should i go with Foia letter and I94 etc. I am happy for my interview and so nervous at the same time. My wife and I are happily married for about 5 years, we have been through lots of hardship and when her grandmother died she told her to make sure we sell her van and get me legal with the funds is what we exactly did. We currently live at our in laws until i get on my feet. So i do Ebay right now and she works. I am a stay at home dad with a really good resume but i can't risk anything until my EAD is back up and running. I used to take risks then be denied anyway once becoming a permanent employee and the everify kills like a hammer. Anyone feel free to guide me. 1993 through now is a long journey i wish on noone. Haven't seen my mom since she left for back home since 2003. do they need all the checklist from that letter from interview. Also i have not received my EAD and was surprised about Interview for GC already. Is that normal.

Originally posted by frenchhope1 View Post
    Hello Team, Hello everyone!! My wife file for me in December 2016, did fingerprint in January 2017. I was married once in the past but marriage did not work out and everything fell out to nothing it was a bitter divorce and ex wife was very controlling pretty much cancelled it all as i was just about to receive my GC and withdrew herself completely. My french passport have been missing ever since and I lucked out with FOIA to retrieve my I94 from 1993 when i first entered the US and decided to stay. My question is will i have issues at the interview because USCIS know about my passport situation, i can't get another one even if i go to Miami French Embassy because i do not have any valid ID. My license expired in 2014 and since my EAD was terminated since 2008 the French Embassy said too bad you need a valid ID here to get a new European passport wow. I truly got so lucky to have my birth certificate along with my expired license even to do the actual fingerprinting. I was surprised they asked again for my I94 because i still have a valid issued Alien number from 2001 just not authorized to do anything nor travel. No criminal background etc. Also when my wife submitted the paperwork to INS she never made any copies of the forms, all i have is receipts, marriage certificate, birth certificates for all of us and our kids and only we have one joint account which is the Geico insurance one. No bank accounts together since i can not open any account with an expired license. I am so nervous that it fails. Don't they have the original paperwork we submitted is it going to be an issue that haunts me about my passport. Should i go with Foia letter and I94 etc. I am happy for my interview and so nervous at the same time. My wife and I are happily married for about 5 years, we have been through lots of hardship and when her grandmother died she told her to make sure we sell her van and get me legal with the funds is what we exactly did. We currently live at our in laws until i get on my feet. So i do Ebay right now and she works. I am a stay at home dad with a really good resume but i can't risk anything until my EAD is back up and running. I used to take risks then be denied anyway once becoming a permanent employee and the everify kills like a hammer. Anyone feel free to guide me. 1993 through now is a long journey i wish on noone. Haven't seen my mom since she left for back home since 2003. do they need all the checklist from that letter from interview. Also i have not received my EAD and was surprised about Interview for GC already. Is that normal.
    I believe with USCIS you can't really predict, depending on the IO..... I think you can request a copy of your original documents ( not 100% positive though). You can get a lawyer involved if you can afford it. All USCIS need is to proof your marriage is bonafide. So it depends on the IO....Man, never give up, good luck.

Comment

My priority date is 1/17/2017 and we are in Los Angeles.

I too have a previous marriage that we did the green card process through‚ the marriage fell apart soon after our interview and I never received my physical green card although my passport was stamped with an work permit.

When we submitted my case this time around we sent copies of the passport with the stamps in it as I had no longer had an I-94 as it was taken during the interview process for the first marriage. We submitted my case using the original Alien # from the first case along with providing my social security #.

On 5/3 I received notification of approval of my EAD (which arrived on 5/11). The day after I received notification of approval of the EAD‚*I received notification of the I-485 appointment being scheduled for 6/7 (so one week from today).

I created an online E-Verify account and self validated my work authorization using my existing SSN as well as checked my online SS account using the MySSA website.

I never received an RFE throughout the process‚ and we now have everything ready to take to the interview including an updated medical on the latest version of the forms (the Doctors office I did the medical at did this for me) when I asked to verify if they had done the Gonorrhea test (which they had)‚*because they originally never gave me my own copy.

We have been married greater than 2 years and hopefully everything goes smoothly next week. We too are a little nervous as I think everyone going through this is. It seemed our case was taking longer than normal up until we got the EAD approval‚*and then once that came the interview came literally immediately. So hopefully‚ everything is completed successfully next week at the interview.

Comment

Hi there, congrats on the interview being scheduled and good luck! May I ask where in Florida you are located?

Comment

Yes indeed

In fact i checked last night on uscis case status and they said it seemed all ok on 5/24 then same day sent out letter for my interview but still i do not have my EAD. In the past i had it before my interview with my ex wife. I also did fill out I984 or I884 to claim all my docs back from them 1 month ago. Only receive the letter stating they are working on it. I am so confused, a lawyer is not an option with 2 kids. Interview about a month away in Tampa. Sure fingerprint cleared etc no criminal records whatsoever, only child support with my ex that is it.

Comment

Located in Oldsmar FL why

Comment

You know what also, I did not receive any ead approval but straight to interview. I am not sure if my ssn is still good or will they issue a new one but i gave them the same Alien number and SSN on the forms. Luckily Foia located my I94. Funny thing is that Customs in Puerto Rico had all my info and i appeared completely legal i mean as a Green Card Holder. They helped me a lot and guided me there via phone. They gave me my old passport number and my I94 number that was a relief as French government completely deleted my old passport record as they call it a burn process. Any ideas on why no EAD and SSN will it be new.

Comment

You know what also, I did not receive any ead approval but straight to interview. I am not sure if my ssn is still good or will they issue a new one but i gave them the same Alien number and SSN on the forms. Luckily Foia located my I94. Funny thing is that Customs in Puerto Rico had all my info and i appeared completely legal i mean as a Green Card Holder. They helped me a lot and guided me there via phone. They gave me my old passport number and my I94 number that was a relief as French government completely deleted my old passport record as they call it a burn process. Any ideas on why no EAD and SSN will it be new.
                SSN never changes. It will still be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by S_R_E View Post
                  My priority date is 1/17/2017 and we are in Los Angeles.

I too have a previous marriage that we did the green card process through‚ the marriage fell apart soon after our interview and I never received my physical green card although my passport was stamped with an work permit.

When we submitted my case this time around we sent copies of the passport with the stamps in it as I had no longer had an I-94 as it was taken during the interview process for the first marriage. We submitted my case using the original Alien # from the first case along with providing my social security #.

On 5/3 I received notification of approval of my EAD (which arrived on 5/11). The day after I received notification of approval of the EAD‚*I received notification of the I-485 appointment being scheduled for 6/7 (so one week from today).

I created an online E-Verify account and self validated my work authorization using my existing SSN as well as checked my online SS account using the MySSA website.

I never received an RFE throughout the process‚ and we now have everything ready to take to the interview including an updated medical on the latest version of the forms (the Doctors office I did the medical at did this for me) when I asked to verify if they had done the Gonorrhea test (which they had)‚*because they originally never gave me my own copy.

We have been married greater than 2 years and hopefully everything goes smoothly next week. We too are a little nervous as I think everyone going through this is. It seemed our case was taking longer than normal up until we got the EAD approval‚*and then once that came the interview came literally immediately. So hopefully‚ everything is completed successfully next week at the interview.
                  what stamp did you get in your passport? i-551? If that's what you got it means you already have a greencard.

Comment

Originally posted by azblk View Post
                    what stamp did you get in your passport? i-551? If that's what you got it means you already have a greencard.
                    That was from a previous marriage‚ we were divorced before two years.

Comment

Kids

Should we take our 2 year old with US, our 4 year old is in school daily. The interview letter states only bring kids if they judge it necessary but most videos on youtube etc or testimonials from attorneys even say to bring child with you.

Comment

Should we take our 2 year old with US, our 4 year old is in school daily. The interview letter states only bring kids if they judge it necessary but most videos on youtube etc or testimonials from attorneys even say to bring child with you.
                        Kids are the ultimate proof of bona fide marriage if you ask me. No scammers will have a child just for a green card.

Comment

That is correct

Comment

EAD Approved

Hey Guys just an update, it was with great emotion when my wife went to my mailbox today since we were not home yesterday. The EAD Approval letter came in stating I will receive my Work auth Card with my parole stamp on it as i requested. Now all is left is our interview on 06/28. We are very excited and very nervous that we get a nice IO. I mean my wife told me just open it and stood behind me holding me really close in case it was bad and i would have a nervous breakdown as she knows i am under that illegal pressure all the time psychologically. I actually teared down to be honest it had been now 9 years since my ex wife had withdrawn from my I485 during our nasty divorce and did it without even telling me a thing. Let's just say i was at work and HR come in and tell me we are sorry but we have this letter from INS and you can not no longer work a 58K salary went down the drain. Now a new life awaits me as I plan to keep my ebay going as entrepreneur and I love my wife so much noone has ever been pushing me to succeed no matter if i have a penny in my pocket.

Comment

EAD and I693 done

Ok so EAD ordered on 5/30/17 and I693 done yesterday 6/5/2017, picking it up in 2 days sealed and will bring to Interview 6/28/17. Wish me luck, finally i would have a official ID and be able to have a FL license.

Originally posted by azblk View Post
                              SSN never changes. It will still be the same.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X