No announcement yet.

Visiting US on B1/B2 after I-140 approval and waiting for Consular Processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting US on B1/B2 after I-140 approval and waiting for Consular Processing

I currently live in the UK. My I-140 has been approved recently, and the NVC is likely to give a case number for consular processing in the next few weeks. Can I visit US on a B1 visa (B1/B2 visa valid till 2020 and passport valid till 2022) for an official technical conference? I have an official invitation, and my current employer has funded the trip. Is the probability of being allowed entry into the US as low as 20% as has been written elsewhere on this forum? If I am denied entry does this have any implications on the pending immigrant visa application?

You can expect additional scrutiny once the NVC gets the ball rolling on your immigrant visa

That said, you sound (to me) like you wish to seek admission to the United States as a bona fide non-immigrant. Have solid evidence of your intent to return home at the end of your trip and you should be good

I'd like to assure you that you will be granted admission, but there are ultimately no guarantees in that regard. The CBP officer at the port of entry has full discretion to make this decision

I assume you are a UK citizen with the unbridled right of abode. You can expect to be treated differently depending on the passport you present

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      You can expect additional scrutiny once the NVC gets the ball rolling on your immigrant visa

That said, you sound (to me) like you wish to seek admission to the United States as a bona fide non-immigrant. Have solid evidence of your intent to return home at the end of your trip and you should be good

I'd like to assure you that you will be granted admission, but there are ultimately no guarantees in that regard. The CBP officer at the port of entry has full discretion to make this decision

I assume you are a UK citizen with the unbridled right of abode. You can expect to be treated differently depending on the passport you present
      Thanks for your response. I feel confident that I can show non-immigrant intent.

However, your last statement does seem to be important. I have an Indian passport with right to live and work in the UK until November 2019 (printed on the UK Biometric Resident Permit). Do you think the Indian passport reduces my chances of entry into the US? I have made a number of trips to the US in the past and left the US on time on each ocassion.

Do I have to volunteer this information (i.e. my immigrant visa is under process) as I reach the immigration counter or simply answer the questions asked truthfully?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X