Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed I-485 Interview Date

Pls I need your advice on what to do.
    I just found out that my I-485 interview supposed to have taken place in March, 2017. I did not receive a letter nor was my online status updated, though I signed up for both text and email notice on my cases.
    I applied on June 28, 2016. After saying my case was schedule for interview in August 15, 2016 which was the last update i received.
    It was when I was worried that they have passed my priority date on their website that I called.
    Even then, the CSR said its not pass.
    After much arguing and asking to speak with higher up (Tier 2 Officer) that I found out I missed the interview.
    I explained to him i did NOT receive the notice, NO email and NO text update. He then opened a case for me.
    Now I am worried if there is any other step I can take.
    I am outside the state (just started a new job about a month ago) I can't schedule info pass at the state (Louisiana), do you know if I can schedule info pass in another state?
    Do I have to ask my case be transfer to the new state? Won't that affect my case? Also my wife is still in Louisiana because of her work.
    Thanks for any advice

Please help.... Tier 2 Officers are giving me different information.

I have been calling the Tier 2 officers of USCIS, they have been giving me different info on the same issue.
    The first one said I missed my interview, after explaining that i did not receive any notice or letter, no email or text alert which i signed up for (all other notices were received same way).
    I also explained to him that there was no hardcopy letter to appear, neither was my case status updated from the Aug 15, 2016 date.
    He then put in an expedited request for action from the NOLA field office.
    I called again three days later to follow up, the next Tier 2 officer told me NO such Interview Notice was in my case file.
    I am so confused.

What do i do now? Due to work in a different state, I can't schedule an infopass to the NOLA field Office.
    Does anyone know if I can go to the nearest field office and ask?

Comment

Originally posted by sweetadam View Post
      Please help.... Tier 2 Officers are giving me different information.

I have been calling the Tier 2 officers of USCIS, they have been giving me different info on the same issue.
      The first one said I missed my interview, after explaining that i did not receive any notice or letter, no email or text alert which i signed up for (all other notices were received same way).
      I also explained to him that there was no hardcopy letter to appear, neither was my case status updated from the Aug 15, 2016 date.
      He then put in an expedited request for action from the NOLA field office.
      I called again three days later to follow up, the next Tier 2 officer told me NO such Interview Notice was in my case file.
      I am so confused.

What do i do now? Due to work in a different state, I can't schedule an infopass to the NOLA field Office.
      Does anyone know if I can go to the nearest field office and ask?
      This is from uscis website:
      You must attend your scheduled asylum interview or the asylum office will treat your case as a missed interview (failure to appear). If you already missed your interview and you are not in lawful immigration status, 46 days from the date of your missed interview your asylum application will be referred to an immigration judge for adjudication in removal proceedings before the EOIR. If you are in lawful immigration status, your asylum application will be administratively closed and dismissed 46 days from the date of the missed interview.

You must establish exceptional circumstances in order to reschedule your asylum interview if more than 45 days have passed since your interview.
      Anything not in this list will not be considered as exceptional:
      Battery or extreme cruelty to you or your child or parent;
      Serious illness of you, your spouse, child or parent; or
      The death of your spouse, child, or parent.

Long story short u're completly screwed, try ur best calling em but i don't think it will do any good, next time u apply for change of status do not rely on notifications for ur interview, i check the uscis wrbsite almost in a daily basis sometimes even few times the same day, why? Because those notifications most of the time are b.s, my status changed to ready to be scheduled for interview and about 3 months later i got the notification.

Comment

Pls I need your advice on what to do.
        I just found out that my I-485 interview supposed to have taken place in March, 2017. I did not receive a letter nor was my online status updated, though I signed up for both text and email notice on my cases.
        I applied on June 28, 2016. After saying my case was schedule for interview in August 15, 2016 which was the last update i received.
        It was when I was worried that they have passed my priority date on their website that I called.
        Even then, the CSR said its not pass.
        After much arguing and asking to speak with higher up (Tier 2 Officer) that I found out I missed the interview.
        I explained to him i did NOT receive the notice, NO email and NO text update. He then opened a case for me.
        Now I am worried if there is any other step I can take.
        I am outside the state (just started a new job about a month ago) I can't schedule info pass at the state (Louisiana), do you know if I can schedule info pass in another state?
        Do I have to ask my case be transfer to the new state? Won't that affect my case? Also my wife is still in Louisiana because of her work.
        Thanks for any advice
        Im sorry to heard that. My personal advice is to keep on calling them and humbly explain everything, you mentioned that "CSR said that its not pass"
        If you still have the last documentation time, date, number, CSR name(if you still remember), check it on your phone, show it to them and I think that will help to track down, that you called(CSR).
        They might or might not have the records of the calls you made that day.(Im not sure about that tho.) There's no harm in trying!
        This is only my personal advice. I hope you could work it out.

Not a legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Emil Batista View Post
          This is from uscis website:
          You must attend your scheduled asylum interview or the asylum office will treat your case as a missed interview (failure to appear). If you already missed your interview and you are not in lawful immigration status, 46 days from the date of your missed interview your asylum application will be referred to an immigration judge for adjudication in removal proceedings before the EOIR. If you are in lawful immigration status, your asylum application will be administratively closed and dismissed 46 days from the date of the missed interview.

You must establish exceptional circumstances in order to reschedule your asylum interview if more than 45 days have passed since your interview.
          Anything not in this list will not be considered as exceptional:
          Battery or extreme cruelty to you or your child or parent;
          Serious illness of you, your spouse, child or parent; or
          The death of your spouse, child, or parent.

Long story short u're completly screwed, try ur best calling em but i don't think it will do any good, next time u apply for change of status do not rely on notifications for ur interview, i check the uscis wrbsite almost in a daily basis sometimes even few times the same day, why? Because those notifications most of the time are b.s, my status changed to ready to be scheduled for interview and about 3 months later i got the notification.
          Well, thank you for your reply. My case is not asylum interview, it is family based. Yes I was checking the websites on daily bases, how would i know if they didn't send any physical notice to appear for interview? I followed the website Priorty date regularly until my PD was reached. The case status still remain on case receive and schedule for interview since August 15, 2016.
          The website only shows PD, Processing Time.
          Your status changes on the website right?... Mine have not changed.....

Comment

Originally posted by faith888 View Post
            Im sorry to heard that. My personal advice is to keep on calling them and humbly explain everything, you mentioned that "CSR said that its not pass"
            If you still have the last documentation time, date, number, CSR name(if you still remember), check it on your phone, show it to them and I think that will help to track down, that you called(CSR).
            They might or might not have the records of the calls you made that day.(Im not sure about that tho.) There's no harm in trying!
            This is only my personal advice. I hope you could work it out.

Not a legal advice.
            Thank you very much, I was able to first speak with a tier 2 officer, who said there is an administrative error on my case, that there is no interview notice mailed out to me, as they should have a copy in their system, so she requested a review on my case. I also schedule an infopass appointment at the field office I applied, 13 hrs drive away from my current job location (didn't want to change the field office since my wife is still in the state and I am just starting the new job).
            So, I was told I have to wait for another interview and that will happen anytime btw 4-6 weeks.
            I got a letter saying they will response to service request within 45 days.
            Anyway, Its a waiting and calling games now.

Comment

Wonderful!

I'm so glad this is still working for you! Keep us posted!

Thank you very much, I was able to first speak with a tier 2 officer, who said there is an administrative error on my case, that there is no interview notice mailed out to me, as they should have a copy in their system, so she requested a review on my case. I also schedule an infopass appointment at the field office I applied, 13 hrs drive away from my current job location (didn't want to change the field office since my wife is still in the state and I am just starting the new job).
              So, I was told I have to wait for another interview and that will happen anytime btw 4-6 weeks.
              I got a letter saying they will response to service request within 45 days.
              Anyway, Its a waiting and calling games now.

Comment

Originally posted by steadygaze View Post
                I'm so glad this is still working for you! Keep us posted!
                I will, thank you for the encouragement.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X