Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was i put on red flag on abusing B visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was i put on red flag on abusing B visa?

I am a Chinese Doctor. I came to US 3 times since last year. First time I told the CBP that i would probably stay for 3-4 months doing medical observership. It was very smooth and they let me in very quickly. the passport showed they gave me 6 months so I stayed for a total 5 and half month. The second time I told the CBP that i am gonna take CS exam, they asked how long i am gonna stay, i say because i didn't book the exam yet so I may won't be able to say the exact time for sure. they became suspicious and took me to second inspection, regarding why i stayed that long the first time i was in US and what exactly am i doing at that time, they even checked my luggage. Finally, They gave me the 2 months to finish my exam. I stayed for 1 and a half month, completed CS exam. The third time, I entered US the day before yesterday, preparing all the invite letter from medical observership and return ticket to prove that I will surely be back, However I was put in second inspection again. CBP clearly informed me that they don't like it, and this is the last time I can be " like this ", and they won't give me another chances if this happen again, I was given 4 months this time(limited stay). because I need to apply for residency program later this year. So it would be crucial to be able to stay at US during November to January(2018) which is the interview season. what i should do now? I am really afraid that they won't let me in for frequent entery on B visa already. Thanks in advance for any advise or suggestions!!!

CBP senses an intent to immigrate... And that sounds like exactly what you are trying to do. If you have come and they have given you 4 months to stay this time, but you want to be here in November, go home sooner than the 4 months. Stay 3 weeks to a month then leave. When you need to return in November they may grant you the time you need again. You technically have stayed in the US for a total of 7 months already since you first entered.
    Just my opinion... Use at your own risk...

Comment

Originally posted by yl75 View Post
      I am a Chinese Doctor. I came to US 3 times since last year. First time I told the CBP that i would probably stay for 3-4 months doing medical observership. It was very smooth and they let me in very quickly. the passport showed they gave me 6 months so I stayed for a total 5 and half month. The second time I told the CBP that i am gonna take CS exam, they asked how long i am gonna stay, i say because i didn't book the exam yet so I may won't be able to say the exact time for sure. they became suspicious and took me to second inspection, regarding why i stayed that long the first time i was in US and what exactly am i doing at that time, they even checked my luggage. Finally, They gave me the 2 months to finish my exam. I stayed for 1 and a half month, completed CS exam. The third time, I entered US the day before yesterday, preparing all the invite letter from medical observership and return ticket to prove that I will surely be back, However I was put in second inspection again. CBP clearly informed me that they don't like it, and this is the last time I can be " like this ", and they won't give me another chances if this happen again, I was given 4 months this time(limited stay). because I need to apply for residency program later this year. So it would be crucial to be able to stay at US during November to January(2018) which is the interview season. what i should do now? I am really afraid that they won't let me in for frequent entery on B visa already. Thanks in advance for any advise or suggestions!!!
      Yes, you are abusing your visitor visa. Your are staying in US longer than staying in China. Find a way to apply for your residence outside US and enter with the right visa. And just because you got 6 month stamped, it was not a good idea to stay almost to the limit and return...also you should book the exam and just travel for your exam...I am sorry that you made so many wrong decisions before and this affected your ability to stay longer. You should really finish your observership as soon as possible in order to get few months later...If I was working in CBP, I was not going to give you more than few months. Try to look to their side...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X