Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K1 Visa Petitioner Questions

Hello,

Thanks in advance. I am looking to sponsor my fiancee to the USA with the K1 visa. I have a few questions, however.

We met while I was working (on a business visa) in China. Could this hurt our chances of being approved for the visa? Everything I've read only asks if the fiancee has a record. I don't have any deportations or anything on my record, but while I was filling out the forms through a service that helps with the visa, it asked if I ever worked/lived abroad. I'm not sure what I should say, and I don't want it to negatively affect our visa outcome.

If you have any advice or information, please let me know! Thank you.

Originally posted by inukikyo89 View Post
    Hello,

Thanks in advance. I am looking to sponsor my fiancee to the USA with the K1 visa. I have a few questions, however.

We met while I was working (on a business visa) in China. Could this hurt our chances of being approved for the visa? Everything I've read only asks if the fiancee has a record. I don't have any deportations or anything on my record, but while I was filling out the forms through a service that helps with the visa, it asked if I ever worked/lived abroad. I'm not sure what I should say, and I don't want it to negatively affect our visa outcome.

If you have any advice or information, please let me know! Thank you.
    You would answer all questions truthfully. Lying on a visa application is committing fraud and that would certainly have a negative affect on the visa outcome. I am not sure why you think your working abroad would have a negative impact on applying for a fiance visa or the fact that you met her while working abroad on a business visa would have a negative impact as well obtaining a visa? Those things would not.

Fill out the form truthfully and based on the information you have provided, I do not see any obvious issues that would prevent the visa from being approved, however, all you can do is apply.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Trinity71

Comment

Originally posted by Trinity71 View Post
      You would answer all questions truthfully. Lying on a visa application is committing fraud and that would certainly have a negative affect on the visa outcome. I am not sure why you think your working abroad would have a negative impact on applying for a fiance visa or the fact that you met her while working abroad on a business visa would have a negative impact as well obtaining a visa? Those things would not.

Fill out the form truthfully and based on the information you have provided, I do not see any obvious issues that would prevent the visa from being approved, however, all you can do is apply.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Trinity71
      Thank you. Yes, I wanted to update and say that I did not intend to lie on the application. I definitely won't do that.

However, my concern is that I was working on a business visa, not the LEGAL Z visa which is required for working in China.

I have searched many things, including the USCIS site, and have found nothing about immigration violations in regard to the petitioner. I have never violated US immigration laws, and I do plan on filing this income on my tax return (as required by US law). I'm not sure if there is any problem with me violating immigration laws in another country. My fiance has a spotless record, has never violated any laws--immigration or otherwise--and has no record of violations with the USA. I'm just worried that the circumstances behind our meeting, being not exactly legal, will be a red flag.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X